TIPS Anyone install IPBX or PIAF on a Digital Ocean Droplet?

CoolPBX

Reaction score
I am a Via Verio refugee that does a lot of web hosting for end users. I was with Verio/NTT for almost 13 years. They are going out of business (at least web hosting business) at the end of this month.

I've moved everything to DigitalOcean.com and was wondering if anyone has attempted to install any flavor of Asterisk based PBX on a DO "droplet".

Anyone?

CoolPBX

Reaction score
I must have been doing the WRONG google search for this topic. Didn't see Nerd Uno pop up on any of them.

BUT VERY GOOD TO KNOW!!

Thanks!

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
No worries. Nerdvittles.com is (other than this forum, of course) the go-to resource for everything PIAF and I-PBX related. There are many, many discussions in that blog relating to Digital Ocean. Search this forum as well for discussions relating to PIAF/I-PBX and D.O. -- it is a relatively common topic.

I have personally set up several I-PBX instances on D.O. -- piece of cake, and (IMHO) reliable enough for production installations (although I do tend to keep a cold-standby hardware machine in the closet "just in case"). Note that any production installations I have been involved with are definitely on the small side: a dozen extensions; a half-dozen trunks. Nothing substantial.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.