RECOMMENDATIONS Anyone has good things to say about this provider?

Halea

Reaction score
I've just stumbled on this provider (https://carrier.voifone.com/) which seems to be quite competitive with its US termination pricing.
I checked my most called top 10 numbers and 8 out of 10 turned out to be less expensive on this provider's price list.
Credit card and paypal fees are stiff but comparable to v1voip's. Origination rates are not particularly appealing.

My real interest resides in international calling, for which these guys offer three tiers.
The most expensive tier seems still to be competitive with providers who guarantee caller id transmissions and high quality audio.
I'm not sure that I want to give a try yet with another provider unless I hear some positive feedback from the community.
TIA for any input.

jreming

Reaction score
They look kind of expensive.

```Most rates are billed in 1-second intervals. A handful of countries including Mexico, are billed in 60/60 intervals. USA rates (NPANXX) are normally billed in 6-second intervals and are somewhat lower as a result; if you see 1-second intervals for NPANXX you will know this is a special offer available at the time you are viewing the rates, but 6-second intervals are also available to USA. Your exact rates and intervals will be provided upon account approval and set up. ```

Assuming if its 6 sec x rate, the attractive (if per min) $0.00220 (using a normally low cost prefix in my area) = $0.022 per minute

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
They look kind of expensive.

```Most rates are billed in 1-second intervals. A handful of countries including Mexico, are billed in 60/60 intervals. USA rates (NPANXX) are normally billed in 6-second intervals and are somewhat lower as a result; if you see 1-second intervals for NPANXX you will know this is a special offer available at the time you are viewing the rates, but 6-second intervals are also available to USA. Your exact rates and intervals will be provided upon account approval and set up. ```

Assuming if its 6 sec x rate, the attractive (if per min) $0.00220 (using a normally low cost prefix in my area) = $0.022 per minute

If someone bills per minute, let us assume 2 cents / minute for US, and they do 6 second incremental billing, then you are paying .02/10 or .002 every 6 seconds. You don't pay the minute rate for each increment. HOwever, if you don't meet the minimum in this case 6 seconds, and hit 2 second call, you are charged for the full 6 seconds. Likewise, a 7 second phone call will be bill for 12 seconds. Mexico being billed at 60/60 means 1 minute minimum and 1 minute each time after. So a 62 second phone call is billed at 2 minutes. This is very common as that is how their telco bills.

jreming

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation, I have just never seen anything other then rounded minutes so I was a bit confused by how it was all displayed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.