QUESTION Anyone ever heard of "FreeSide"

KNERD

Reaction score
What is going on with these people?

If you don't know, it is described as "the premier open-source billing, CRM, trouble ticketing, network monitoring and provisioning automation software for ISPs and WISPs, VoIP providers, CLECs, colocation and hosting providers and other online businesses"

Looking it over, it seems promising.

Using their 'documentation,' I tried for a while to get it installed. I realized after numerous tried, the documentation was incorrect, and incomplete.

So I went to their mailing list, and wow what a surprise I got; getting attacked by the FreeSide people. Saying it's my own fault, "Open Source does not mean free!," suggesting I should pay $5500 for them install it.

I was able to find one person on their mailing list who was kind of enough to try to help me get it installed. I guess this person installed it long ago on an older version, and did not realize the newer version has issues. After realizing this, he just disappeared on me.

I really mean the software does look promising, but I have not seen such attitude towards others for wanting to use their software.

Anyone used this, or gotten it installed? Know of anything similar?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.