Any Polycom Experience Out There?

Stewart

Guru
Reaction score
We're mostly an Aastra shop but have come across a customer who would like a phone with a Gigabit switch and (get this) not made in China!:biggrin5:

Without going over and over and over about how everything else in his network was made in China I've looked into his requests and came up with the Polycom Ip560. It's had its challenges like getting the right Sip.ld file (the combined ones didn't work and had to use the split) and a few other quirks like the MAC.cfg file must be all lower case (since the Aastra's are upper case).

Which leads me to where I am now. I've got a firm grasp on how the Aastra config files all piece together, but I'm not nearly as clear on the Polycoms. Right now, when I press the Applications button, I get a screen that reads:

Error:
You have not configured a home page for this feature.
Please consult with your administrator for assistance.

Well, I go into the mac.cfg file and see a few application sections.
APPLICATION APP_FILE_PATH="2345-12560-001.sip.ld"
APPLICATION_SPIP300 APP_FILE_PATH_SIPI300="sip_212.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP300="phone1_212.cfg, sip212.cfg"
and a few more SPIP lines.

I dont have and files named sip_212.ld, phone1_212.cfg or sip212.cfg. Are they placeholders, or am I missing files?

Thanks for any help!

ErikU

Guru
Reaction score
I posted recently about how much I like the Polycoms. Do a search for my user name.. I had some example config files there. Read the tech note on the polycom support web site about integration with asterisk and let me know if you have any questions.

Stewart

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay. The install time frame got pushed back a couple of months so it lost priority. But I'm back and working on it now.

I found your post and it helped a great deal, thanks! It fixed the application button issue and now we're just playing with which applications to keep and which to prune. Are there more applications out there somewhere? All I see on Polycom's site you need to pay for.

Again, thanks for the help!

euser4life

Guru
Reaction score
Hi Stewart. Just a quick FYI.... The Aastra 6739i is gigabit, touchscreen, can pair with bluetooth headsets and works with the latest beta XML scripts. They show a lot of potential.

However I must say that they are more expensive than the Polycom IP560. I wish I could like Polycom's but they take too much time to configure.

Stewart

Guru
Reaction score
There are 3 things I'd like upgraded to the 57i: Gigabit Switch, Higher Resolution Screen, better Speakerphone quality. I thought the sound was good until I heard the Polycoms, now it just seems OK. The 39i does indeed fix all three areas, but it's almost twice as much. It's hard to sell phones that expensive.

The Polycoms fix all 3 of those issues, but aren't nearly as flexible. They do have some nice features such as an idle screen that I have configured to show weather and the ability to add some (relatively) fairly nice icons due to the higher pixel count, but they aren't as flexible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.