QUESTION Any experience here with Google Fi ??

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I am seriously considering a move from Verizon to Google Fi and was wondering if anyone in this community is using this service ?

TIA --

mp3geek

Guru
Reaction score
I have no experience, but my son uses it. He originally switched so he could get a deal on the Nexus phone, which required you to use fi for some relatively short period to get the deal. The coverage isn't quite as good as he had with the AT&T network through Straighttalk, but he's really liking the $20-25/month bills :)
Fi around here uses Sprint and T-Mobile networks as well as wifi. The phone is supposed to hand off between them automatically, and he says that occasionally doesn't work as smoothly as it could, but overall he's happy (especially with his $250 Nexus phone) and has no immediate plans to switch back.

Telcreek

Reaction score
I second the experience of mp3geek's son. The price is right. So far the switching for me has been fine and between the three networks coverage seems as good or better than my former ATT service. I did however have a software problem that makes it appear the phone is searching for a network when it's actually connected to one. Some hidden dialer codes fixes the problem.

Jake

Reaction score
Somewhat different topic but I noticed that Google Fi works with Google Hangouts. I wonder if it's possible to tie Google Fi service to Incredible PBX??

rjaiswal

Reaction score
I've had Project Fi for a while now, It's my backup phone. I love that I can get text messages and voicemails from that number on Google Hangouts on my iPhone. It's like iMessage. Coverage in the NY Tri-State area is pretty good. They have resolved the hand off between t-mobile and sprint when the Nexus 6p and 5x came out. I'm running a 5x at the moment. The only issue I've had is with the wifi on the 5x. It keeps locking up, and the only way to fix, is to restart the phone...

billsimon

Reaction score
Somewhat different topic but I noticed that Google Fi works with Google Hangouts. I wonder if it's possible to tie Google Fi service to Incredible PBX??

Only for inbound calls.

Jake

Reaction score
It think I'll give Google Fi a try. I'd really like to be able to route incoming calls to Incredible PBX. I've been using vMobile but I think it's about dead.

rjaiswal

Reaction score
It think I'll give Google Fi a try. I'd really like to be able to route incoming calls to Incredible PBX. I've been using vMobile but I think it's about dead.
The best thing about Project Fi are the free data only sims. If you have a tablet, you can get one, and it won't cost extra. It just uses your data pool. No additional line charges.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.