Any chance for an alternative GUI ?

telemach

Reaction score
I know that you are comfortable with FreePBX style like in A@H etc. but is there any slight chance of having or installing by my own more user friendy GUI like in an Elastix ? simple and with tabs/graphs

My point is that there too many buttons, to many to click to get something done, not to mention different passwords and usernames.
There is a simplicity by using master-password and modding the index.php to access pbx function with less clicks and pain.

One more example, editing conf file in a browser is painful as it is framed in a small frame (under 1024x768 resolution) and I need to scroll it all the time.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If you want a lot of functionality in a GUI, you gotta have a lot of buttons or a very wide or long screen. FreePBX isn't for everybody, but we haven't seen any other solution that even comes close in terms of overall functionality. So, to answer your question, show us an open source alternative with similar functionality, and we'll certainly give it a whirl.

james

Guru
Reaction score
Just a note: Elastix uses freepbx. They have a wrapper with some other toys but there backend is freepbx.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.