TIPS Anveo Direct Setup

Gary Vassalotti

Reaction score
Hi,

WIth the demise of google voice, my phone system needed a new trunk of course, so I went with AnveoDirect. I followed the directions as closely as I could from http://nerdvittles.com/?p=5680, and I am close, but not working yet.

When I call in to my phone number, I get the voice mail system from PIAF, so I know I am getting calls. But my phones will not register to the server. And I can not dial out... I can not find the place to put the custom dial string in the out bound route...

As for the phones, they were workng fine until I switched out of Google voice... I don't know why the no longer register???? I am using the Fanvil X3SP set.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
Nothing in the linked directions should even come close to impacting the phones registering. I would concentrate on the phones registering first, but don't really know where to start.

I don't use the custom trunk method (a chan_sip trunk works fine), but @wardmundy's pre-configured Anveo-OUT trunk should work, the dial string is under the "custom settings" tab in newer (FPBX 13+) versions.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
What @jerrm said. If you're phones aren't registering to your PBX - then your carrier makes ZERO difference. Get the phones working to your PBX - so that you can do *97 and get voice prompts for example first. Then move on to other items.

Gary Vassalotti

Reaction score
I realize it makes no sense.... I can get one phone to ring (neither will complete the sip registration yet), but not the other phone? I have triple checked the settings one each phone and each extension... they are the same.

The phone that rings does have an older software version 2.3.2.4701 vs 2.6.0.5850... but I don't think the newer version should affect it. I did try to remove the google gvsip using the gvsip delete script. When that did not work, I did restore from a back up I had, but still the phones are not registering???

Gary Vassalotti

Reaction score
I just tried to reset my phone to factory defaults then enter my account info back into it... I still get the same results that it can not register, and still this phone will not ring? I hate to have to re-flash the asterisk server, but I am not sure where to go to from here??

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
I did restore from a back up...
That may be the most terrifying phrase in IT.

Try taking the phones and existing setup out as much as possible. Create a new extension and try connecting with a softphone - yate/zoiper/linphone/ekiga/microsip/etc.

Gary Vassalotti

Reaction score
I tried your suggestion, Jerrm, but no change. I finally gave up and reflashed the sdcard, and I am now able to register the phone and did make a test call.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.