GO HERE Alphabet soup - XiVO, Wazo, PIAF5, 3CX®

unsichtbarre

Reaction score
Boy, it's gotten confusing here! Just a few years ago, the model was:
  • Install Linux distro of your choice > Install PiAF (which included Asterisk and FreePBX Web GUI) > run "orgasmatron" or IncrediblePBX installer (which provided tons of awesome extras!)
Now it's alphabet soup and I was wondering if it would be possible to define the components (and their dependancy/limitations) in some sort of a menu or post, to help people select a platform that suits their needs? I would be glad to help in the process, if anyone else would find it useful.

From what I gather:

XiVO
  • XiVO is a platform that incorporates Asterisk and WebGUI
  • XiVO is pure GPL3
  • XiVO installs on Debian
  • XiVP is extensible with solutions like "Incredible PBX"
PiAF
  • PiAF is a proprietary platform running on Debian
  • PiAF is extensible with with solutions like "Incredible PBX" (Unsure?)
  • PiAF is free for up to 8 concurrent calls (Unsure?)
Wazo
  • What is Wazo? (Unsure?)

Reaction score
PiAF
  • PiAF is a proprietary platform running on Debian - Currently available for Debian yes.
  • PiAF is extensible with with solutions like "Incredible PBX" (Unsure?) - No, that is not possible
  • PiAF is free for up to 8 concurrent calls (Unsure?) - Yes, the free edition allows up to 8 sim calls

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just to cover all the bases... PIAF5 is Debian-based and powered by 3CX which is a commercial platform. Earlier releases of PBX in a Flash are CentOS-based and are open source. All Incredible PBX add-on's are open source, GPL code.

JLB00

Reaction score
One of my boxes could't seem to find the PIAF3 yum repo anymore, so I started poking around here (and nerd vittles).

Do I understand correctly that:
PIAF5 is now 3CX based (along with closest competitor Elastix) and running on Debian?
XiVO/Wazo are Asterisk based, running on Debian, and use a non-FreePBX based web GUI?​

For a home user, that started with (~2005) Asterisk@Home --> Trixbox CE and then wandered over to PIAF (~2009), that prefers RedHat based Linux (due to day job) to Debian, feels fairly comfortable with Asterisk after 12 or so years, and has grown accustomed to a FreePBX based GUI (warts and all), which direction makes sense? PIAF5 (0 of 3)? Wazo (1 of 3)? FreePBX distro (3 of 3)? AsteriskNOW (2 of 3)?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.