SOLVED Almost Wireless, keep having to amportal restart, ifup eth1

knotworking

Reaction score
I bought a DELL OptiPlex FX160 off of ebay for ~$40 and installed the latest version of Incrediblepbx ontop of Centos 6 with Asterisk 13. After getting everything up and running, I realized there was a wireless card slot on the board. I had an old Broadcom 4312 card I wasn't doing anything with and I was going to have to buy a switch or hub at the location I was going to put the PBX (router is out of ports), so I decided to give wireless a go.

Needless to say, it took quite a bit of fooling around to get the drivers loaded and the OS using the eth1 connection instead of eth0. After a lost weekend, I now have the PBX working wirelessly and the quality is perfect (the PBX will live right next to the router at the install site, so I'm not worried about interference). I can detail most of what I finally did, if anyone is interested, but I still have one big problem remaining. When the machine is booted, I always have to login as root and issue "amportal restart" to get the extension/phone working (outbound calls will give the busy signal on every call, if I don't). I also have to "ifup eth1" to get the web console GUI & ssh working.

I tried adding those commands to rc.local, and the commands will do as expected during boot (restarting asterisk and telling me "RTNETLINK answers: File Exists"), but they do not fix the problem. If I don't login as root after booting and issue those commands, nothing works.

Obviously, I can't install the PBX this way. Every power-outage I'd have to drive over to where the PBX lives just to enter those commands. Anybody have an idea as to why this is happening?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Please post your notes. Lots of old Dell machines floating around. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.