ALERT All GVSIP connections rejected

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
R.I.P. GVSIP: A Final Farewell to Google Voice

DsITHf_WwAAl1tq.jpg

ajonate

Reaction score
According to their page, you can only port your GV number to another Google account. I don't think you can port your number to another service.

Create a callcentric free incoming call account, then forward your google voice number to the callcentric number.

Laurence

Reaction score
That is what I just did. I setup my Callcentric account on my SPA2102 what I was using for Asterisk anyway. So inbound calls still go to a POTS line.

But also I went on Amazon and bought an OBI200 for $29 so I can get my free outbound calling again. That's less than the cost of a Raspberry Pi I was using to run Asterisk and way easier to manage :) I can repurpose the Pi for something else. It was a fun learning experience though.

I can still make free outbound calls on that Callcentric number using Google Voice Callback but it's not so seamless.

ariban

Reaction score
another good option for sip trunking
http://www.n2psiptrunking.com/

its from IDT which is a huge and reliable company.

you get unlimited channels
half a cents per minute incoming
1 cent per minute outgoing
first USA phone line free (per account) you can create new accounts for each phone line and get them all free

kdthomas

Reaction score
Anyone else running into this trying to delete the GVSIP trunks? I was able to run "gvsip-naf/del-trunk" for GVSIP1, but GVSIP2 and GVSIP3 gives me Aborting. You don't have a GVSIP3 account yet.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Try adding back in a GVSIP1 account. Then delete them in reverse order: 3 then 2 then 1.

Or you can rename /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf to pjsip_custom.conf.old and restart Asterisk. That will remove PJSIP from Asterisk.

bjs.pdx

Reaction score
But also I went on Amazon and bought an OBI200 for $29 so I can get my free outbound calling again. That's less than the cost of a Raspberry Pi I was using to run Asterisk and way easier to manage :) I can repurpose the Pi for something else. It was a fun learning experience though.

Where did you find the OBI200 for $29? I couldn't find one for less than $49.

bjs.pdx

Reaction score
Try adding back in a GVSIP1 account. Then delete them in reverse order: 3 then 2 then 1.

Or you can rename /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf to pjsip_custom.conf.old and restart Asterisk. That will remove PJSIP from Asterisk.

I ran the script to remove GVSIP1, but a custom trunk by that name still appears in the GUI. Should I just delete it from within the GUI?

Laurence

Reaction score
Where did you find the OBI200 for $29? I couldn't find one for less than $49.
I got lucky. It was a as new item so I jumped on it. I can't see any others for that price. Perhaps people are now realising how valuable they are with the Google blocking :)

yajrendrag

Reaction score
wrt "free" callcentric account - i can't see how (in the US) that it is free - it is required to activate 911 services even on the free incoming line. is there something i'm missing?

ajonate

Reaction score
wrt "free" callcentric account - i can't see how (in the US) that it is free - it is required to activate 911 services even on the free incoming line. is there something i'm missing?

During signup there's an option to say you aren't using the line in the US. If you say that then there is no 911 charge.

Kimberly

Reaction score
According to their page, you can only port your GV number to another Google account. I don't think you can port your number to another service.
Not true, under federal law telephone service providers; Goggle is running in a grey area; have to allow you to port your number to any other service provider. Google can charge a fee for this; I think it use to be $20.

I have no problem with losing my Google number myself and I would not pay Google to port the number. I would just inform anyone that needed to know that I had a new number.

wzor1

Reaction score
<Registration/ServerURI..............................> <Auth..........> <Status.......>
==========================================================================================

gvsip1/sip:eek: gvsip1 Registered

Objects found: 1

NO PROBLEM)))))

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.