FOOD FOR THOUGHT ACN Iris 3000 Videophone

JC1070

Reaction score
Can someone help me get into the Iris 5000? I want to create my own network phone system.

Carlos Neves

Reaction score
Hi,

I was referring to the sound quality. When talking to a person using this phone, there is a lot of background noise.

Sorry about that... im using this configuration with very good results.

Codec 1 G726_40
Codec 2 G729_AB
Codec 3 GSM_AMR
Codec 4 G711A
Codec 5 G711U
Codec 6 ILBC
Codec 7 G723_1
Codec 8 TE
Codec 9 H264
Codec 10 H263
Codec 11 H263_1998
Codec 12 MPEG4

hexdef6

Reaction score
It is even possible to replace "RedBoot" with our own (a little risky as if we do something incorrectly then only JTAG will be a way to fix the problem).

http://ecos.sourceware.org/redboot/

Iris 3000
Okay I bought this phone at a thrift store for 2.00 and it is seriously bricked (the above methods do not work) does anyone know how to JTAG the phone and what the pinout needed to do so is? thank you so much in advance

RichRoc17

Reaction score
Big thanks to Joshoa and iris3000 for all your hard work on this phone. I picked up 2 of these iris 3k phones at a local thrift store many months ago. I knew nothing about them other than I could clearly see they were VOIP phones. At $5.00 a phone, I figured I had nothing to lose even if they wouldn't work with my PIAF server. Thanks to your research into the phones I now have them both setup and functioning with my PIAF server!

I found another ACN branded video VOIP phone (CIP-6500 by C&S Telecom). I'll be doing some research on this phone and I'll be sure to give back to this community if I am able to get anywhere with it.

vg_mtl

Reaction score
Iris 3000, I'm in the same situation you were: the /dev/sda1 partition is no longer there.
With your and Joshoa help I could access the RedBoot, but I don't know what I have to do to restore this partition.
Can you please, please help any post the instructions?

vg_mtl

Reaction score
Joshoa,

All your and Iris3000 work is great and helped me a lot.
Using the LiveCD, I could easily access the RedBoot on the phone and check the version of the hardware.
Unfortunately, my phone has the partition table missing the /dev/sda1 and without your instructions, I can't fix it.
Can you, please post your instructions to re-build the /dev/sda1?
Thanks and best regards,

Vic

Joshoa

Reaction score
Can someone help me get into the Iris 5000? I want to create my own network phone system.

Hi
I wont be able to take a look on this one in the nearest future, unfortunately.
I`ll be a little bit busy with IRIS 3000.
But feel free to contact me if you have a question regarding general process, tweeks and tricks.

J

Joshoa

Reaction score
Okay I bought this phone at a thrift store for 2.00 and it is seriously bricked (the above methods do not work) does anyone know how to JTAG the phone and what the pinout needed to do so is? thank you so much in advance

Hi
There was a photo somewhere in this thread, with a pinout of 20-pin socket.
As far as i remember, my friend was able to discover JTAG pins on it.
I`ll ping him, and post this info here.

J

Joshoa

Reaction score
Big thanks to Joshoa and iris3000 for all your hard work on this phone. I picked up 2 of these iris 3k phones at a local thrift store many months ago. I knew nothing about them other than I could clearly see they were VOIP phones. At $5.00 a phone, I figured I had nothing to lose even if they wouldn't work with my PIAF server. Thanks to your research into the phones I now have them both setup and functioning with my PIAF server!

I found another ACN branded video VOIP phone (CIP-6500 by C&S Telecom). I'll be doing some research on this phone and I'll be sure to give back to this community if I am able to get anywhere with it.

Hi
Same stuff, i`ll be ready to dig in to them way later this year.
April sounds like a possible candidate in my schedule.

J

Joshoa

Reaction score
Iris 3000, I'm in the same situation you were: the /dev/sda1 partition is no longer there.
With your and Joshoa help I could access the RedBoot, but I don't know what I have to do to restore this partition.
Can you please, please help any post the instructions?

Hi
I`ll rebuild LiveCD unlocker later this week to address this issue.
There is nothing that hard to do actually, you can do it by yourself, if you are familiar with Linux/fdisk.
Or just wait for Saturday/Sunday.

J

vg_mtl

Reaction score
Hi
There was a photo somewhere in this thread, with a pinout of 20-pin socket.
As far as i remember, my friend was able to discover JTAG pins on it.
I`ll ping him, and post this info here.
J

Joshoa,
The photo you are talking about is not on the page 6 of this thread?
It shows a 20 pin connector on the bottom right side of the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) with some pins identified as USB-A: +D & -D & GND and you say not to use the +5VDC.

Hi
I`ll rebuild LiveCD unlocker later this week to address this issue.
There is nothing that hard to do actually, you can do it by yourself, if you are familiar with Linux/fdisk.
Or just wait for Saturday/Sunday.
J

Joshoa,

Thanks a lot for the quick answer. Really appreciate it.
I am not sure I need a new version of the LiveCD.
With the old one you put online, I was able to access the RedBoot just fine.
My problem is I am not really comfortable with the RedBoot commands and especially with fconfig and fdisk.
I would only require instructions about the steps and the commands I have to telnet into the RedBoot to setup the partition /dev/sda1 and to activate it.
After setingup the /dev/sda1 partition, I think I'll be just fine with the instructions you already posted.
I think it's easier than to re-write the whole LiveCD.
Anyway, I'll wait for Saturday/Sunday for your answer.

Again, thanks a lot for helping us all.
Best regards

Vic

vg_mtl

Reaction score
Joshoa,

Any hope for the instructions to re-flash the KERNEL and to setup the /dev/sda1 partition?
Thanks and best regards,

Vic

Tom6502

Reaction score
I purchased a video phone WG4K for $7.50. Booted it up and found the ACN logo comes up. This model only has a USB and no SD slot but the board looks like it has the solder points for one in the same spot as the 3000. I have a little BELKIN router and I attached an ethernet cable to the WG4K and router and another to a RaspberryPi (RPi) and router. I’m using the RPi because it will be easy to remove the wifi USB and just use the Ethernet port.
In a terminal window, ifconfig showed me that the DHCP assigned 192.168.2.3 to the RPi and so more than likely the WG4K is using 192.168.2.2.
I then found out about nmap command but I had to install it ugg ($ sudo apt-get install nmap).
Ran “nmap –Pn 192.168.2.2” I get:
Not shown: 996 filtered ports​
PORT STATE SERVICE​
2222/tcp open EtherNet/IP-1​
5060/tcp closed sip​
49152/tcp open unknown​
49153/tcp closed unknown​
(Using the SIP protocol tells me that this is definitely the phone!)
Now I try telnet’ing to 2222 (‘telnet 192.168.2.2 2222’)
It shows it is using ‘SSH’ and that means encryption and so I decide to use putty and I install putty.
Run putty and fill in the IP and port same as above and selecting SSH and press Open button.
I get ‘login as:’ prompt and I type in root as soon as I hit enter I get a dialog box:
PuTTY Fatal Error​
Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available​
(server sent: publickey.keyboard-interactive).​
If I type any other user, it takes a little while longer but still returns the same error.
This to me says that either I need more encryption keys or they have a custom encryption key and don’t think there is a way to hack into it then.
Seeing that I’m not very knowledgeable in hacking should I give up?

Should I put in a USB drive and try to get it to crash and hope it logs to the USB? I don’t know how to get it to crash.

Tom6502

Reaction score
I did open the Iris 5000 and did make some photo of the board. Is someone able to tell me where i can set the serial to come inside the sstem?
Real i can phone a fixed number of this phone from each telephone outside the house. as soon as possible i like to change this thing to m own setings...

This is the same board as in my phone with "Model: WG4K" on the back. Our boards have WG4K and 2010, so I don't know why they stamped your's 5000 as the model number and put the same old WG4K board in it.

Joshoa

Reaction score
Hi all.
Long time, no see, heh.
Finally after 6 month i was able to get some time to spend on this project again.
First of all - here is a new LiveCD:
[http://www.4shared.com/file/cwE9JvVpba/iris-unlock.html]
This one is capable of fixing [NO SDA1] and moreover, there is a live NFS-based working root-fs inside.
just execute:
[ln -s /dev/shm/code-run/ /var/umec/code/]
[exportfs -r]
And use [1+#] - you phone will boot in to a normal v20 firmware right from NFS.
Feedback and questions are wellcome.

J

Joshoa

Reaction score
Tom6502 i do still wait for Joshoa until he have time. He did promise me to help with a remote session. I am someone that respectshis wish. I was thinkingto buy one Iris 5000 to send him as a present for his helpbut he did not answer me until now sow it seems he is still busy. I wait with patience.

Hi there.
Contact me via PM.

J

Joshoa

Reaction score
I purchased a video phone WG4K for $7.50. Booted it up and found the ACN logo comes up. This model only has a USB and no SD slot but the board looks like it has the solder points for one in the same spot as the 3000. I have a little BELKIN router and I attached an ethernet cable to the WG4K and router and another to a RaspberryPi (RPi) and router. I’m using the RPi because it will be easy to remove the wifi USB and just use the Ethernet port.
In a terminal window, ifconfig showed me that the DHCP assigned 192.168.2.3 to the RPi and so more than likely the WG4K is using 192.168.2.2.
I then found out about nmap command but I had to install it ugg ($ sudo apt-get install nmap).
Ran “nmap –Pn 192.168.2.2” I get:
Not shown: 996 filtered ports​
PORT STATE SERVICE​
2222/tcp open EtherNet/IP-1​
5060/tcp closed sip​
49152/tcp open unknown​
49153/tcp closed unknown​
(Using the SIP protocol tells me that this is definitely the phone!)
Now I try telnet’ing to 2222 (‘telnet 192.168.2.2 2222’)
It shows it is using ‘SSH’ and that means encryption and so I decide to use putty and I install putty.
Run putty and fill in the IP and port same as above and selecting SSH and press Open button.
I get ‘login as:’ prompt and I type in root as soon as I hit enter I get a dialog box:
PuTTY Fatal Error​
Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available​
(server sent: publickey.keyboard-interactive).​
If I type any other user, it takes a little while longer but still returns the same error.
This to me says that either I need more encryption keys or they have a custom encryption key and don’t think there is a way to hack into it then.
Seeing that I’m not very knowledgeable in hacking should I give up?

Should I put in a USB drive and try to get it to crash and hope it logs to the USB? I don’t know how to get it to crash.

Hi.
Did you tried to use [1+#]?
I assume, that this phone was made by the same UMEC corp., then it will use the same emergency boot method.

J

Joshoa

Reaction score
In germany its 3 oclock now and i do not have a problem :) in case of soccer world champianship we have a final match germany usa we should do it in front not to have sportive fan fights... :)

anyways the phones i have still here untouched and waiting ou have time. The upload is not finished yet. to 4shared.com

HI there!
Lets chat in PM and arrange remote session.

J

Sandy_PIAF

Reaction score
Hi there...

Will this phone work also on other sip softwares like 3CX?

Thanks...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cajeptha
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.