FOOD FOR THOUGHT ACN Iris 3000 Videophone

yenice

Reaction score
Hello Joshoa,

Thank you for your answer.
If I can get anything done in that direction, I will be happy to post here :)

ulion

Reaction score
thanks for the livecd, saved me from brick (by rewrite the kernel).

BUT, the 1+# recovery did not do its job, since when calling dd command, it first copy the img to the shm, but the shm is not large enough. so after I adjusted the recovery code to directly dd the source img file, it can finally restore the phone from brick.

now, I face the other issue, can not ssh, nor the webadmin. the ssh port does open, but the ssh connection is resetted before it asks for password, that's quite strange and caused by outdated ssh server the phone uses. finally, use some quite old putty 0.57 version I can get in the ssh.

Last edited:

Zeerch

Reaction score
I have tried to reboot the phone to pull the image from the live CD I tried to press the 1+# and 1+0+# and 1+*+# if I missed something please let me know. I have it cross cabled to the laptop running the Latest live cd. Any help would be good. I believe I have the HW2 version as my serial is US80999** my other phone I cannot get past the splash screen. any help would be great

Zeerch

Reaction score
Hello All,

So I have spent alot of time playing with these phones, I'm hoping to keep this thread alive and help others who might or who are facing issues. I want to be able to give you hope and explain step by step what you need to do to re-program these phones. Im going to write as I go along and hopefully it will help you.

First lets get down to who needs to read this.. I'm basing my actions on a Model knows as HW1 there were some issues to dispute them, but for a number of US models that used ACN this applies to you.

1) If that screen ACN stays on all the time and you cannot get rid of it and never moves forward.
2) Your phone boots and get locked up someplace like networking and never opens the UI (User Interface)
3) Your basically say crap Its not working...

My personal advice is use a laptop and run the live CD when you see the ubuntu prompt, then you can you type the following. Run a cross cable from the phone WAN to the LAN of the laptop. Turn the Phone off.

1) Boot from LiveCD
Available at: http://www.4shared.com/file/o0xZjkn-/livecd.html
Burn the image to a CD and load into laptop
2)sudo /redbootjump.sh (if it is successful - you will see Redboot >
When you see the redboot > then you should see ARPING 10.73.61.201 from 10.73.61.100 via eth0
while holding 1+#+0 together on the phone keypad turn the unit on. on the laptop you should see > connection to 10.73.61.201 9000 port (succeeded)
You will only see the Power light on the phone lit. You will not see a logo on the screen
(if it is successful - you will see Redboot >
3) Now Type > load -h 10.73.61.100 -r -b 0x100000 umec-kernel
4) Then Type > fis delete kernel
5) Finally Type > fis create kernel
6) Turn the phone off and hold 1+# and switch the phone back on. hold until you see RECOVERY mode. then let go.
the internal NFS will prepare the phone.
If you made it this far you should see the phone boot normally and load the UI interface.
This part is done.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So now you want to make this phone work on TRIXBOX or Asterisk?
I actually updated to Joshoa's 20.9.37 Via SD card from this point. the files are located at:
http://www.mediafire.com/?55muxa5q2fsqg2q
unzip the files and put them in the main directory of the SD card. put the card in the phone and turn the phone on. after about 3 minutes you will see the screen go blank and then see the bootup slider, unplug the sd card and wait for it to boot all the way. If you leave the card in, it will loop on the upgrade, I hope Joshoa will fix this in a future release.
first you need to user putty or in my case I used SecureCRT you will need to see what IP you have on your phone by pressing STATUS on the phone
Now you need to SSH into the phone using port 7022 user: root and pass:root
once your inside type the following when you see MX27>
1) /web-off.sh
2)/web-on.sh
This has some magic that takes away whatever password they used before. Joshoa Live CD has everything to do with it. Thank you.
http://phoneip:8080/resource/AppWeb/login.esp
password is: 1234
poof you are in and you can config the SIP settings. make sure you press Apply.
** To make the config run, you need to reboot the phone either by power cycle or from the menu click shutdown from the menu on the left.

Issues I found,

I currently use Trixbox, and the phones will not talk to each other. I tried to call existing phones on my network and it will hang up after a short period of time. I dont know the fix yet, and I have never faced this problem. I know its not the Trixbox, because I even run nortel on the same system with a unistim codec made by cedric a few years ago and it works.
Now its something new in the phone and Im still trying to trouble shoot it. I cannot get the 2 ACN Phones to call each other, so Im going to have to spend more time and see what changes are required.
When I place a call to the normal phone it will work for about 15 to 20 seconds, then it cuts off. Anyone with thoughts I would appreciate it.

I take no credit on anything other then putting all the instructions on one spot. I waited a few days with no one to reply on the forum so I made this in case someone wants to know step by step and no need to ask anything from anyone. I waited, but I see that this forum is not as active as it should be, so Im going to help out and compile it to one list of help!

Newbie 101

Reaction score
Hello all,
I recently found a new Iris 3000 still in the box. Any way of using it in my home on the analog land line (POTS) ?
Thanks!

Dominic

Reaction score
It's funny you posting to this thread. I just pulled my old Iris out to learn about port scans and I get an email for this thread I still had a watch on. Wish I could help

Carlos Neves

Reaction score
It's funny you posting to this thread. I just pulled my old Iris out to learn about port scans and I get an email for this thread I still had a watch on. Wish I could help
Problem solved. Thanks anyway

Wasiq Javed

Reaction score
I can see this thread is about unlocking IRIS 3000. Does anyone have any information on IRIS 5000? Can same method be used?

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
Yes , but you are wasting your time they are truly just a "POS" (BTDT)

masakrator

Reaction score
Hello !

I have the 'newest' ACN IRIS X phone.
PDF with spec is available publicly. I have not tinkered with it yet but have any of you guys know where to start ? Do I need to hook it up to my laptop and collect its transmissions with Wireshark to figure out what is it doing ?

Cheers

Leggomyeggo

Reaction score
Hello !

I have the 'newest' ACN IRIS X phone.
PDF with spec is available publicly. I have not tinkered with it yet but have any of you guys know where to start ? Do I need to hook it up to my laptop and collect its transmissions with Wireshark to figure out what is it doing ?

Cheers

Iris X is a Gxv-3175 with slightly locked firmware. Disable the ACN autoprovisioning server in the Web configuration and you will be able to configure the sip settings to regular SIP providers. I did try to change the firmware to the OEM Grandstream version but was never successful. Unfortunately the phone is a dog performance wise so expect long delays before your commands are processed. And be advised many of the built in apps no longer work because the phone is a very propietary early version of Android. I got the phone for less than $30 NIB and tolerate it's faults but definitely more a toy than productive workhorse.

1Goldrope

Reaction score
Sorry ! :)
"On the following step the phone must be unplugged from the power. Then attach the Ethernet cable to the NETWORK port of the phone and to the LAN port of your Computer. It is recommended to isolate both devices (GXV3175 & PC) on this network scenario.
Change the IP address of your computer to 192.168.1.233, as well as the subnet to 255.255.255.0.
While pressing and holding the HOME button, plug the power cable and wait until the phone boots to the Recovery Mode interface.
On your computer, Open a Browser and type the address shown on the phone (192.168.1.234). Type the default username and password. "
GXV3175 = IrisX (ACN)
http://www.grandstream.com/support/...tions/gxv3175-ip-multimedia-phone-touchscreen

Devid

Reaction score
Ребята всем привет! Подскажите как разблокировать ACN Iris 5000 WG4K
Спасибо

Devid

Reaction score
Sorry ! :)
"On the following step the phone must be unplugged from the power. Then attach the Ethernet cable to the NETWORK port of the phone and to the LAN port of your Computer. It is recommended to isolate both devices (GXV3175 & PC) on this network scenario.
Change the IP address of your computer to 192.168.1.233, as well as the subnet to 255.255.255.0.
While pressing and holding the HOME button, plug the power cable and wait until the phone boots to the Recovery Mode interface.
On your computer, Open a Browser and type the address shown on the phone (192.168.1.234). Type the default username and password. "
GXV3175 = IrisX (ACN)
http://www.grandstream.com/support/...tions/gxv3175-ip-multimedia-phone-touchscreen
Это применимо к ACN Iris 5000 WG4K ?

kenn10

Reaction score
Ребята всем привет! Подскажите как разблокировать ACN Iris 5000 WG4K
Спасибо
This is an English speaking discussion board. Make use of translate.google.com to translate Russian to English. Here is what you said in English:
Hello guys! Tell me how to unlock ACN Iris 5000 WG4K Thank you

Devid

Reaction score
If applicable to ACN Iris 5000 WG4K
how to put it into this mode?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.