FOOD FOR THOUGHT ACN Iris 3000 Videophone

mbellot

Reaction score
No problem!

I don't remember any networking problems with VirtualBox, but I didn't use a crossover cable... I have extra hubs/switches like I'm some kind of hoarder... :D

I've seen nothing "ready to go" for the Iris-X, but would imagine it's possible if you have the time and talent.

Jarrek

Reaction score
I use voip.ms as my VOIP provider.

On all of the IRIS 3000 phones, DTMF does not seem to work while in call. Anyone else experiencing the same issues?

Jarrek

Reaction score
Switching to RFC2833 on VOIP.ms sub account settings did the trick. DTMF is now working.

Dominic

Reaction score
Hello all, glad to see this thread come back to life. I found it and dragged out a couple IRIS 3000's I had
and decided to try and put them to good use. Long story short, my computer went to sleep while the phone
was upgrading and thus turned off the UPS's "ECO" sockets that the phone was attached to. Now when I
turn the phone on it just says ACN, no scroller, no GUI. Tried the 1 + #, and 0, 1 + # to no avail. Any hints
on how to un-brick tthe phone would be great.
Thanks
Dom

Jarrek

Reaction score
Now when I
turn the phone on it just says ACN, no scroller, no GUI. Tried the 1 + #, and 0, 1 + # to no avail. Any hints
on how to un-brick tthe phone would be great.
Thanks
Dom

Does it say ACN with the image of the "World" in the background? A blue screen? I was able to revive the phones using 1*#, however I needed to unplug them for several minutes from the PS.

Jarrek

Reaction score
Ok ... RFC2833 worked for about an hour. Not sure what's going on, but the phones are playing stupid again.

Do any of you guys know what DTMF modes these phones support natively? INFO INBAND RFC2833 ?

Dominic

Reaction score
Yes, it says "ACN" with the image of the "World" in the background. It was unplugged for a couple hours while I played with the other phone.
I held the 1, * + # down while I switched it on and held them down for 30 seconds or so. Nothing happens.
Dom

Jarrek

Reaction score
Yes, it says "ACN" with the image of the "World" in the background. It was unplugged for a couple hours while I played with the other phone.
I held the 1, * + # down while I switched it on and held them down for 30 seconds or so. Nothing happens.
Dom

It's three buttons you hold down while you power on the phone

1 * #

Give it a shot.

Dominic

Reaction score
Yes, did that, one + star + pound, how long should I hold it? I gave it about 15 seconds after the ACN/World appeared.
Also tried to boot with an SD card and the v2 stuff downloaded from further back in this thread. Was able to capture
some of that with a Saleae Logic 16 connected to a Sparkfun SD Sniffer. All that shows is several characters on the
cmd line and some clock cycles but no data????
Thank you
Dom

Joshoa

Reaction score
Hi
Unfortunately cause of the server RAID failure almost all info that was in this thread was lost.
I have about 80% on my local PC, so i`ll probably publish it all again.
But later. I really need to polish it all so it will look more nice and solid.
Latest news are:
I wrote a script which is capable to force phone to jump in to REDBOOT even if the phone has old KERNEL version and do not react on 1+#

Stay tuned,
J

Joshoa

Reaction score
Yes, did that, one + star + pound, how long should I hold it? I gave it about 15 seconds after the ACN/World appeared.
Also tried to boot with an SD card and the v2 stuff downloaded from further back in this thread. Was able to capture
some of that with a Saleae Logic 16 connected to a Sparkfun SD Sniffer. All that shows is several characters on the
cmd line and some clock cycles but no data????
Thank you
Dom

Hi
Ypu are using old method.
Here is the ISO with the new:
http://www.4shared.com/file/o0xZjkn-/livecd.html

Burn this ISO
Connect your PC/Laptop to the SWITCH (this is important, not router)
Connect your IRIS3000 WAN port to the same SWITCH (so there will be only to devices in this network)
Boot from this ISO (it`ll take some time, usually 2-4 mins. make sure that you have more than 1GB of RAM - it unpacks the restoration image in RAMDRIVE)
When you see the linux command prompt on the screen - push and hold [1+#] on the phone and power it on while holding this buttons
When you see WHITE screen with GREEN letter on your phone - you no longer have to hold the buttons down.
There will be RED progress bar on the screen.
Sometimes it will move at normal speed, sometimes (depending on XTAL type) it will run x20 faster, but that is OK.
Phone will reboot after the process will be done by itself

This is VERY SHORT and VERY LIMITED manual.
There was more than 12 pages in this thread before the server crash (

J

Dominic

Reaction score
no go.
transferred iso to usb thumb drive with unetbootin,
attach switch, found a bad cat5 cable, swap, ok
Attach to Iris WAN port (tried LAN port too by mistake).
Boot pc from usb drive in to "try Ubuntu", it goes to bash prompt.
press one and pound key on Iris and switch power on. wait a while, nothing even tried one-star-pound. Nada.
Stays on blue ACN/World.
I appreciate all your help and will continue to try any suggestions. I looked at the jpegs on the download page
and could not make out what the red lettering said about the circuit board headers.
Inside my Iris it says CU776 V1.0 2008.07.09.
Dom

Jarrek

Reaction score

Did you try using VirtualBox?

BTW - it's always 1*# (One Star Pound).

It took me a good hour between various resets (including unplugging the cord of the IRIS for 5+ min) to successfully flash the phone using VirtualBox and the LiveCD image provided by Joshoa.

So all of my phones work, however, I am unable to successfully use DTMF using my VOIP provider (Voip.ms). To me, this makes the phone useless as I can't navigate in call phone menus of various companies that I call. I may have to try another VoIP provider.

Jarrek

Reaction score
Question to you guys, What is the newest version of the firmware???

Dominic

Reaction score
I booted the PC from the ISO burned to a thumb drive.
And tried both key combinations as mentioned above.
Thanks
Dom

Dominic

Reaction score
Side note:
I have ran Wireshark and see data going out of the PC but nothing coming back.
Dom

Joshoa

Reaction score
I booted the PC from the ISO burned to a thumb drive.
And tried both key combinations as mentioned above.
Thanks
Dom

Hi
The only option left for you is REDBOOT.
You are the one of unlucky guys with the old KERNEL.
I`ll post a short version of REDBOOT method this evening.

J

PS. Still no luck with DTMF for me. Looks like coders from UMEC does not obey RFC standaerts, so the phone does not report RTP payload related to DTMF in codec list (((

Dominic

Reaction score
"REDBOOT", ok, also am I supposed to have it connected to the WAN port, not the LAN port right?
Thanks
Dom

Jarrek

Reaction score
PS. Still no luck with DTMF for me. Looks like coders from UMEC does not obey RFC standaerts, so the phone does not report RTP payload related to DTMF in codec list (((

So what are the options?

Jarrek

Reaction score
I got DTMF working on one of the phones I setup.

What I did differently, is not configure the Network over the web based interface. I have a feeling it has to do something with the RTP settings - possibly. My provider uses a range of 10,000 to 20,000, and the phone default is in the 9000 range. If you modify something on the Network, it asks you to change the RTP range to 20,000 and onwards.

I will test this theory by resetting one of the other phones and following the same procedure as I did with this phone.

We'll see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.