Abbyphone-Asteridex?

Reaction score
I am just now reading the 2nd edition "Asterisk Future of Telephony" and it occurs to me that it might be fairly trivial to create a custom extension that basically calls the "call_both" functionality when you click on a phone number when using an Abbyphone equipped Firefox. Kind of a universal click to dial. I use Zimbra webmail via Firefox so it would UC my email a bit further.

I would guess that you could set up a specific Abbyphone registration for each extension that might make use of it. Perhaps even to call out to your cell when you are on the road.

Just a thought.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Abbyphone with PBX in a Flash

I added one more piece on a Windoze notebook: PBX in a Flash running under VMware. It's a really simple config with a couple of extensions and one outbound trunk. With Vitelity, you can create an unlimited number of subaccounts with separate registration credentials which is perfect for something like this.

Then I set up the Abbyphone in Firefox on the same machine to register to one of the extensions. Once you get that done, you can make calls directly from Abbyphone or, as you suggest, you could use AsteriDex in conjunction with the Abbyphone extension.:idea:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.