PIONEERS 5-Minute HA for Incredible PBX

krzykat

Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I already have update scripts for DnsMadeEasy & DuckDNS.org I can add NoIP later.

You would need to register your phones to that FQDN instead of the IP. The FQDN will float between the servers as needed.

While DigitalOceans floating IP is great, your backup server must be in the same data center. If you have issues with connecting to that data center both of your servers will be down. If you use a DynamicDNS and a FullyQualifiedDomainName you can have a backup in another part of the country or even world and the backup should work.
Excellent, I'll look forward to getting to test this soon. My testbed will be DNSmadeEasy + Vultr + Prox

Reactions: wardmundy

lbergey

Reaction score
I have some scripts ready for cloud testing.

Right now my HA script uses duckdns.org (https://www.duckdns.org) which is free for 5 domains. I can work on expanding the supported services later. This does require a witness server to prevent dns fighting. The good news is the witness server has very very minimal requirements as the ONLY thing that it does is run a small script that pings the PRIMARY only if the SECONDARY server cannot see the PRIMARY.

When someone is ready to test let me know. You should make a backup or snapshot before we proceed with any testing. Let me know what OS you are using. The first thing I want to test is the monitor script which is very safe.

lbergey

Reaction score
The local script should work as is for Centos & Ubuntu as I have been testing on both systems.

I have the cloud script working, but not without manual adjustments.

I would really like for some volunteers to help do more testing (I posted that July 19th).

krzykat

Guru
Reaction score
I'm sorry I haven't posted sooner, I've been sick with some flu/bronchitis crap and am just now feeling up to getting back on forum. I will be happy to test by end of week. Just give me another day or so. Also - you mentioned having done some work and have a script for DNSmadeEasy? If so, that's the method I'd be most comfortable testing with. That coupled with 2 centos setups.

lbergey

Reaction score
I am currently testing with Impact VPS, and Centos 6.7. I am working on a issue that lsyncd does not run.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@lbergey: Any reason this wouldn't work with Incredible PBX for Issabel 4? It's the reincarnated Elastix 4 platform if you're not familiar with it.

lbergey

Reaction score
It really should work. The only weak would be if there are any special directories that you needed to sync. Really the only thing that should need tweaking is /etc/keepalived/master.sh and /etc/keepalived/backup.sh which is what fires off when the machine becomes the master or when it becomes the backup.

I am still having a issue with the cloud and I am a little at a loss on it. (I am using Impact VPS) I now have one server that lsyncd is working on an the second it is not. I have uninstalled & reinstalled, I have copied all of my configs from the working to the non working, but I can't get the second to run lsyncd.

lbergey

Reaction score
Anybody download my ha-pbx.sh script prior to 8/1 at 5:30 PM EDT? I just backed up my script the wrong direction and lost a large amount of work!

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
I love your work ibergay, be aware that many cloud servvices provide a cost free 'private network' in vultr's case you can set up eth1 anywhere on 10.0.0.0 and all servers in that rate center can see each other, we use it a lot for 'master/slave' type sync and backups. Woth their api , we script uodates/security fixes with a simple while tag equals xxx then do .....

Last edited:

krzykat

Guru
Reaction score
I love your work ibergay, be aware that many cloud servvices provide a cost free 'private network' in vultr's case you can set up eth1 anywhere on 10.0.0.0 and all servers in that rate center can see each other, we use it a lot for 'master/slave' type sync and backups. Woth their api , we script uodates/security fixes with a simple while tag equals xxx then do .....
@dicko the problem with that, is when there is an issue that I've seen with Vultr (and typically other VM/Colo sites), it affects the entire data center. If you could do that between their data centers it would be more valuable to me.

@ibergey what is the current status? Are your scripts now working properly?

Juan Kilian

Reaction score
Hi

Any new progress on this?
This HA is exactly what I have been looking for

edlentz

Reaction score
Just found this thread today. This is a game changer! I am trying to setup and run the script but it doesn't wait for my input, so I can't even input the backup server IP I cannot type that fast LOL

Thanks

edlentz

Reaction score
I figured out my issue, the file that was downloaded had been altered with the entries already inserted. I assume it had been donated from someone after the OP said he lost his files. When I run the script it get an unexpected EOF error on th elast line of the script. Does anyone have a working script they will share??
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

PIAF 5 - Powered by 3CX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brads#Bell