1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PIONEERS 5-Minute HA for Incredible PBX

Discussion in 'Developers' Corner' started by lbergey, Jul 7, 2017.

1. krzykat

krzykat Guru

Excellent, I'll look forward to getting to test this soon. My testbed will be DNSmadeEasy + Vultr + Prox

wardmundy likes this.
  2. lbergey

lbergey Member

I have some scripts ready for cloud testing.

Right now my HA script uses duckdns.org (https://www.duckdns.org) which is free for 5 domains. I can work on expanding the supported services later. This does require a witness server to prevent dns fighting. The good news is the witness server has very very minimal requirements as the ONLY thing that it does is run a small script that pings the PRIMARY only if the SECONDARY server cannot see the PRIMARY.

When someone is ready to test let me know. You should make a backup or snapshot before we proceed with any testing. Let me know what OS you are using. The first thing I want to test is the monitor script which is very safe.

wardmundy likes this.
  3. kyle95wm

kyle95wm Active Member

Any updates on this?

4. lbergey

lbergey Member

The local script should work as is for Centos & Ubuntu as I have been testing on both systems.

I have the cloud script working, but not without manual adjustments.

I would really like for some volunteers to help do more testing (I posted that July 19th).

5. lbergey

lbergey Member

Centos & Ubuntu are working. I have the cloud working using DuckDNS, but does still require some manual setting changes.

6. krzykat

krzykat Guru

I'm sorry I haven't posted sooner, I've been sick with some flu/bronchitis crap and am just now feeling up to getting back on forum. I will be happy to test by end of week. Just give me another day or so. Also - you mentioned having done some work and have a script for DNSmadeEasy? If so, that's the method I'd be most comfortable testing with. That coupled with 2 centos setups.

7. lbergey

lbergey Member

I am currently testing with Impact VPS, and Centos 6.7. I am working on a issue that lsyncd does not run.

8. wardmundy

wardmundy Nerd Uno

@lbergey: Any reason this wouldn't work with Incredible PBX for Issabel 4? It's the reincarnated Elastix 4 platform if you're not familiar with it.

9. lbergey

lbergey Member

It really should work. The only weak would be if there are any special directories that you needed to sync. Really the only thing that should need tweaking is /etc/keepalived/master.sh and /etc/keepalived/backup.sh which is what fires off when the machine becomes the master or when it becomes the backup.

I am still having a issue with the cloud and I am a little at a loss on it. (I am using Impact VPS) I now have one server that lsyncd is working on an the second it is not. I have uninstalled & reinstalled, I have copied all of my configs from the working to the non working, but I can't get the second to run lsyncd.

10. lbergey

lbergey Member

I just posted my latest scripts.

wardmundy likes this.
  11. lbergey

lbergey Member

Anybody download my ha-pbx.sh script prior to 8/1 at 5:30 PM EDT? I just backed up my script the wrong direction and lost a large amount of work!

12. kyle95wm

kyle95wm Active Member

I guess this project is pretty much dead?

13. dicko

dicko Still learning but earning

I love your work ibergay, be aware that many cloud servvices provide a cost free 'private network' in vultr's case you can set up eth1 anywhere on 10.0.0.0 and all servers in that rate center can see each other, we use it a lot for 'master/slave' type sync and backups. Woth their api , we script uodates/security fixes with a simple while tag equals xxx then do .....

#33 dicko, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    wardmundy likes this.
  14. krzykat

krzykat Guru

@dicko the problem with that, is when there is an issue that I've seen with Vultr (and typically other VM/Colo sites), it affects the entire data center. If you could do that between their data centers it would be more valuable to me.

@ibergey what is the current status? Are your scripts now working properly?