NO JOY 3cx outgoing caller id

phinphan

Reaction score
When I get an incoming call to 3cx 15.5 and forward it to a cell phone, the caller id is not the original caller but is the main office number. I am using Vitelity inbound and voip.ms outbound. Voip.ms outbound caller id is blank so I think the number is being sent from 3cx. Any suggestion on how to trace where it is going wrong?

YiannisH

Support Team
Reaction score
Hello @phinphan

As voip.ms is not a supported provider i am not aware if they support this function. The best way to figure this out is to contact them and ask if they support this and if they do in which sip field do they require to see this information. Once you know this you can navigate to your sip trunk settings / outbound parameters and adjust the correct sip field with Originator caller ID.

phinphan

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I gave up on it. I decided to use the 3cx only for its mobile apps and do all my calling through asterisk which works perfectly with voip.ms and correctly displays caller ID.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.