FOOD FOR THOUGHT 3CX or PIAF5 or Elastix5

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Ward
I base my comments on NFR licences on the fact that you encouraged users to apply to be a reseller to get free licences, I doubt 3cx will let this play and based on over 35 years in the industry I know of no company that allows any tom dick or harry sign up to be a dealer its not good for business or reputation.

Not sure how long you've been visiting the PIAF Forum, but I can assure you that, unlike some other forums, we have thousands of techies that aren't Tom's or Harry's, and most aren't Dick's either! Many of our frequent visitors do this for a living already, and most would make excellent resellers if they choose to do so.

I believe I encouraged those that wanted to earn a living in telecom to sign up as resellers and noted that they would get an NFR license to the product, not the other way around. For home and SOHO users, they already get a free license with unlimited extensions and the ability to make 8 simultaneous calls and set up 5-user web conferences without doing anything. Why would they need an NFR license at all?

ncg

Reaction score
Ward - For the purpose of clarity I was addressing NCG's comment and him mentioning the recent acquisition of Micro Advantage's voice business.
I wasn't referring to that - I'd never even heard of Micro Advantage until you mentioned it. Sorry if I caused confusion.

Reaction score
Ward
I base my comments on NFR licences on the fact that you encouraged users to apply to be a reseller to get free licences, I doubt 3cx will let this play and based on over 35 years in the industry I know of no company that allows any tom dick or harry sign up to be a dealer its not good for business or reputation.
As to 3cx dealer I did not say they were worried about soho, I said small offices very different.
I will be interested to see how long before you get upset and move on to another platform though.
My take on what Ward wrote was that was a way to go if you could meet the requirements (sell certain number of lic over time) of a reseller. It wasn't to pretend to be a reseller.

Setel

Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback. There will be differences in Elastix / PIAF / 3CX. Basically there will be different feature sets, licensing, marketing and more. The core engine will be 3CX on all three, quite similar to how Asterisk was the telephony engine of PIAF and Elastix.
Hi!
I hope that at least 1 one of them will be present on VMware Solution Exchange? Or alternatively:

With Oracle Linux JeOS (Just Enough OS) - a secure, minimized OS that is freely re-distributable and backed by enterprise-class support -
developers and ISVs can now easily build Oracle VM Templates. Oracle VM Templates are pre-installed and pre-configured software images which eliminate installation and configuration costs, reduce ongoing maintenance costs, and help organizations achieve faster time to market and lower cost of operations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.