TIPS 3cx free 4sc license maintenance issue

phinphan

Reaction score
I have the free 4 call license. It works great. The mobile clients in particular are outstanding. My maintenance expired in October. I thought we had maintenance ongoing with this license? I want to experiment with the webmeetings but need an ongoing maintenance license for that. Do I need to purchase a license?

YiannisH

Support Team
Reaction score
Hello @phinphan

As far as i am aware your maintenance should auto renew for another year. Please make sure that your are running version 15.515502.6 and then try to refresh your licence details.
If the issue still persists i would suggest contacting our customer support using the following form.

https://www.3cx.com/company/contact/

phinphan

Reaction score
thanks I will give it a try. This is what license info says:

Product Standard Perpetual
Version Number
License Expires
Support
Maintenance 10/30/2018 1:00:00 AM
Number of Simultaneous Calls 4
Number of G729 Channels 4
Number of Simultaneous Meeting Participants 25
3CX Phone System Pro Edition features
No
License Key xxxxxxx
Product owned by James L Torres, PA
Registration Details
James Torres

[email protected]

+1 xxx-xxx-xxxx

United States

License status
Activated

phinphan

Reaction score
I refreshed license information and it gave me version 15.5.15502. My license was rejected for support on that channel according the web form.

I appreciate any assistance.

Reaction score
Hi @phinphan ,

Normally you would pay and renew the maintenance however since it's been expired for more than 3 months that is not an option.

What you can do however is trade-in your key for a 4SC annual which includes maintenance and automatically renews every year for free.

You can do that in the Customer Portal:
  • Click BUY from the menu on the left
  • In the first dropdown (Product) select "Trade-In Perpetual License" and then add the license key
  • Once validated a button will show up "Convert this license key"

phinphan

Reaction score
this problem has been solved and I love the 3cx webmeeting. It is a game changer for several projects that my wife is working on. The best part is no software necessary, just use chrome and it works really well. It can be a little finicky about webcams (cheap logitech's may not work) but a $15 microsoft webcam works perfect. Kudos to the 3cx team. Apparently the next version of the software will allow you to dial in to the meeting for people who are not at a computer.

Thanks Ward for showing the way and to 3cx for a neat project and app for free.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.