3CX 15.5 Free Upgrade

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Since some of you first downloaded 3CX, we have released a number of new features and security updates. Now is the perfect time to upgrade to the latest version, v15.5, see why below.

3CX license reactivation will fail
On September 15th, 3CX will update the certificates which are required to activate 3CX products. This change is due to numerous reasons. Firstly, the SSL certificates will expire on this date and also there is a conflict between Mozilla/Google and the certificate issuer.

If you try to reactivate your current installation for any reason, reactivation will fail. If you do not upgrade, and you make any changes to the hardware or to the public IP, the PBX will revert to free mode after this date. YOU MUST UPGRADE ASAP!

Upgrade Now - Use our special FREE upgrade and FREE maintenance offer

In order to ease the upgrade process we have decided to give you a free upgrade to v15.5. That’s right, there is no charge at all to get your system up to date, secure and with lots of new features. In addition, we have extended your maintenance (if expired) until the 31st of October 2018. These are the steps you need to take:

• Step 1: Take a backup of the current configuration.
  • Step 2: Install v15.5 and activate the license key (the one that you are currently using).
  • Step 3: If you want to migrate configuration data, follow the steps outlined in the manual. In short:
    • V11: download V12, V12.5 and V14 then migrate to each version using backup and restore.
    • V12: download V12.5 and V14 then migrate to each version using backup and restore.
    • V12.5: download V14 then migrate to it using backup and restore.
    • V14: Make a backup and then use it during installation of v15.5
    • V15: Keep updating from the management console until you have reached v15.5 SP5 (and SP6 when available)
If you don’t have time to do this, depending on your license size, we can perform the conversion via a partner or our tech support department. Please let us know by replying to this email!

A few reasons to upgrade:

V15.5 includes numerous features and improvements that will increase the efficiency of your system and boost your PBX’s security and performance. Upgrading to v15.5, gives you access to an award-winning UC feature set that has simplicity and usability at its core.

• Zero admin solution - Many tedious admin tasks have been automated to save time
  • More IP Phone & gateway support - V15.5 supports certain Avaya and Grandstream devices
  • Intuitive Web Client - User-friendly web client regardless of OS
  • Bulletproof security - A+ rating from SSL Labs, encryption via SRTP and more
  • Integrated WebRTC video conferencing - No need for additional software or licensing
  • New CRM Integrations - Out of the box integration for Freshdesk, Office 365 and more
  • Advanced Smartphone apps - iOS and Android apps are taken to a whole new level with v15.5
Feel free to reply to this email and one of our customer service representatives will be in touch.

Please do not ignore this email!

Regards,

The 3CX Team

phinphan

Reaction score
Be very careful doing this. The process has so far resulted in my backup being deleted and having to restart the whole configuration again. It is not remotely intuitive to do this. You cannot simply upgrade and when you try to reinstall per the instructions, your backup gets deleted and you go back to square one.

Edit - I was finally able to find the backup file and restore. Be very careful.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Be very careful doing this. The process has so far resulted in my backup being deleted and having to restart the whole configuration again. It is not remotely intuitive to do this. You cannot simply upgrade and when you try to reinstall per the instructions, your backup gets deleted and you go back to square one.

Edit - I was finally able to find the backup file and restore. Be very careful.

You must have overlooked this part :)

warning.png

phinphan

Reaction score
thanks. I wish I had seen that particular piece of wisdom as it was not in the email from 3cx but I was able to recover them from the server by other means.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.