FYI 13-13 on Ubuntu on DigitalOcean

Freddie

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having an issue installing the new 13-13 Ubuntu release on a DigitalOcean droplet - after the first reboot (SELinux deactivation), the droplet is inaccessible by SSH, and won't reply to pings. When I break in using the recovery console, the only interface I can see in ifconfig is lo1, which I suspect is causing the issues (I've just tried ifconfig on a brand new droplet before running the install script, and I have eth0 and eth1 there, which I'd expect).

I commented out the SELinux section of the install, and it now seems to be progressing fine. As far as I know, Ubuntu doesn't use SELinux, so disabling it shouldn't be necessary anyway.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks,

Freddie

Freddie

Reaction score
Seems its a weird DigitalOcean issue rather than anything from IncrediblePBX - rebooting was wiping out my interfaces every time on that Droplet, no matter how many times I reimaged it.

Entirely deleting the droplet and starting again with a new droplet, new IP etc has fixed it, so I think the SELinux thing was barking up the wrong tree.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
FreePBX install tests for SELinux so the code needs to remain even if Ubuntu doesn't use it. Otherwise, the FreePBX 13 base install will fail.

qtlnx

Reaction score
Not sure about Digital Ocean but HiFormnace have had the same looking problem caused by OpenVZ7 bug https://bugs.openvz.org/browse/OVZ-7021 which took HiFormance almost a week to figure out and update host system.
Regarding IncrediblePBX-13-13.sh I must admit it is horribly written, not tested on all major offered platforms and currently 100% broken and does no run on CentOS7 unless heavily massaged. One of the major problems is a use of * in yum install statements. Excessively wide selection causes installation of, for example, ppc64 tools and fatal failure of yum install command.
Please review the list of required packages and eliminate all whildcards.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Not sure about Digital Ocean but HiFormnace have had the same looking problem caused by OpenVZ7 bug https://bugs.openvz.org/browse/OVZ-7021 which took HiFormance almost a week to figure out and update host system.
Regarding IncrediblePBX-13-13.sh I must admit it is horribly written, not tested on all major offered platforms and currently 100% broken and does no run on CentOS7 unless heavily massaged. One of the major problems is a use of * in yum install statements. Excessively wide selection causes installation of, for example, ppc64 tools and fatal failure of yum install command.
Please review the list of required packages and eliminate all whildcards.

We’re always open to suggestions but please post the log or at least explain where the failures occurred. The installer was tested on all supported operating systems. It would be helpful if you posted in a relevant thread. This one is about Ubuntu.

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
@wardmundy while we're on the discussion on improving the installers, I ran the installer through ShellCheck and it spat out a lot of errors, such as:

Code:
In IncrediblePBX-13-13.sh line 40:
LINESIZE=`echo -e "lines"|tput -S`
         ^-- SC2006: Use $(..) instead of legacy `..`.

And:

Code:
In IncrediblePBX-13-13.sh line 117:
  read -p "Press any key to continue or ctrl-C to abort..."
  ^-- SC2162: read without -r will mangle backslashes.

There are many, many more errors, but I won't list them here. This was based on the CentOS installer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.