SOLVED IncrediblePBX.com down?

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
I'm attempting to put together a new installation on local hardware, but I'm unable to reach incrediblepbx.com to get and run the installation script to proceed with the installation.

I also don't get a response when attempting to ping the site, either ... is the site down?

/Pete./

otter

Reaction score
Been down for at least 20 minutes, maybe longer for me.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Upstream provider problem. They're working on it.

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
Just an FYI: When incrediblepbx.com is not accessible, the admin panel of Incredible PBX 13-13 systems is extremely slow to load. I was beginning to suspect a problem with my installed system! But, on examination of the RSS feeds that appear on the iPBX Dashboard include RSS feed(s), one group of them is from incrediblepbx.com! The slow load is likely the result of the iPBX server timeout due to the non-availability of the service.

To test the theory that the off-line service was a factor contributing to the slow load, I removed the RSS reference from the Advanced Settings page (found at "RSS Feeds" on the panel. (The RSS feeds include the following: http://incrediblepbx.com/rssfeed.xml, http://nerdvittles.com/wp-rss2.php, http://www.freepbx.org/rss.xml, and http://feeds.feedburner.com/InsideTheAsterisk.)

Removing the offending RSS URL from the configuration results in the admin panel on local hardware to load very quickly!

/Pete./

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
@geopeterwc wow! Thanks! My RasPi loads SO much faster now.

@wardmundy I petition to exclude the RSS stuff from IPBX installs. I personally never look at them, and I usually check Nerdvittles daily/weekly to check for new tutorials.

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
... and at this time, the Nerdvittles.com site is also not accessible. Same host service provider?

/Pete./

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@geopeterwc wow! Thanks! My RasPi loads SO much faster now.

@wardmundy I petition to exclude the RSS stuff from IPBX installs. I personally never look at them, and I usually check Nerdvittles daily/weekly to check for new tutorials.

It's your server. You can configure it as desired. We provide security alerts in the RSS Feed, and there's been exactly one outage in the last 24 months. Not sure biting off your nose would be a good idea. But that's your call.

Last edited:

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
LoL! I'm using that one sometime!

People always say I'm too short with them, and I like that - its like a combination of "Cut off your nose to spite your face with Bite the hand that feeds you" - thus "Not sure biting off your nose would be a good idea" is born - Love it :)

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
@wardmundy is right! One service outage in the last two years - that's a mighty good record. My reference to the RSS feeds configured into the default system was intended only to report a "discovery" and to explain why my other iPBX 13-13 systems (including those in the cloud) were soooo slow to display the GUI. In no way, nor am I in a position to, recommend removing the RSS feeds from your own configuration(s), ... they do provide useful and valuable information.

While I, like @kyle95wm, and probably like many others, do follow the forums and NerdVittles frequently, having an additional 'flag' by way of the RSS feeds that get waved to indicate problems or new features is a good thing.

And yes, I intend to "keep my nose!"

/Pete./

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.