NEWS FLASH PiaF/3CX on Rasperry Pi?

David Landes

Reaction score
Is it possible to install PBX in a flash with 3CX on a raspberry pi? If so, is there a tutorial anywhere on the internet I could follow?

Would be great to free up the desktop I am currently using and also to cut down on electricity usage... Any help highly appreciated.

Robert Campbell

Reaction score
Wow... 8 months and no reply. Great community here I see.
I am looking to do the same thing. Today I am using the older Asterisk version on a Pi for my home phone and I am looking at upgrading. Since all they for download is an ISO, I am assuming that this cannot be (easily) installed on a Raspberry Pi.

dallas

Reaction score
I think 3cx only runs on Intel hardware. i.e. NUC

Robert Campbell

Reaction score
Ostriches. I am talking about PBX in a flash (PIAF). PIAF does not use incredible PBX anymore, it has converted over to 3CX.

On the 3CX page, when you click downloads an ISO is the only option.

Reaction score
This page has no mention of Raspberry Pi. https://www.3cx.com/phone-system/ so the answer to the OP is No.
Yes it runs on Debian but 3CX does not run on raspberry Pi. Only the SBC component will run on the Pi.
Hi @dallas ,

Actually the upcoming version of 3CX (V16) does run on Raspberry Pi 3B+ :) Not just the SBC but the PBX itself. You can see more information and test run the Beta version here: https://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/v16-beta-raspberry-pi-pbx/

Here's the guide on how to install it on a Raspberry 3B+ model: https://www.3cx.com/docs/installing-pbx-raspberry-pi/

Aaron Outhier

Santa's helper (subordinate Claus)
Reaction score
According to the Documentation, it only supports the 3B+, as far as I understand (I read the docs a few weeks ago - not fresh in my mind, and may have also been revised since I last took a peek).

Aaron Outhier

Reaction score
I had it up and running for about 3 weeks. I logged in via SSH, and ran an update via "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade". After a reboot, my phones can't connect any longer, and I am unable to login to the Web UI. How do I get support for this thing?

YiannisH

Support Team
Reaction score
According to the Documentation, it only supports the 3B+, as far as I understand (I read the docs a few weeks ago - not fresh in my mind, and may have also been revised since I last took a peek).
Only the Raspberry PI 3B+ is supported for running the 3CX PBX. You can find the installation details here: https://www.3cx.com/docs/installing-pbx-raspberry-pi/

I had it up and running for about 3 weeks. I logged in via SSH, and ran an update via "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade". After a reboot, my phones can't connect any longer, and I am unable to login to the Web UI. How do I get support for this thing?
Which version of the PBX are you running? You can see the installed version by running :
Code:
sudo apt-cache policy 3cxpbx
Also check if your services are running by running:
Code:
sudo service 3CX* status

Aaron Outhier

Reaction score
Hello, I looked through the logs, and figured out the issue.
4 of the 3CX services were down, along with postgresql, according to systemctl. I found an entry in the postgresql about missing en_GB locale, and remembered that I had removed it using RASPI-CONFIG, because I thought it was unneeded (I am in the USA). After re-running raspi-config, and adding it back, I restarted postgresql, and then the 4 3cx services. Everything worked after that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.