RECOMMENDATIONS Looking for a good backup provider

Alex Hackney

Reaction score
I need a good backup provider for a client. We have a primary service that I use for everyone but I've noticed that sometimes they have issues and when that happens no inbound or outbound calls. If I added another provider as a backup we could just failover outbound calls to them. Any recommendations?

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Who's your primary? A lot of that depends on volume commitments. You should never have just one carrier.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I plan to meet with V1Voip next week at their corporate office, and will give report afterwards. Vitelity or Anveo might also be good options for you.

phinphan

Reaction score
I use voip.ms for that purpose and have never had a problem. Although the Skyetel offer looks good.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I plan to meet with V1Voip next week at their corporate office, and will give report afterwards. Vitelity or Anveo might also be good options for you.

Just testing port of a Google Voice number to V1VoIP. One day on the V1VoIP side and it looks like 7 days for Google based upon FOC date.

UPDATE: Port out of GV to V1VoIP was successfully completed on time.

Last edited:

Alex Hackney

Reaction score
I currently use a few, but not a fan of one after the purchase. I signed up a v1 account today, curious what you guys think of them.

Last edited:

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I signed up a v1 account today, curious what you guys think of them.

I'm meeting with them next week and will give a full accounting. If you find any shortfalls, please make sure to report back to me so that I can bring it to their attention.
I'm meeting with the right people that can affect change if it is warranted.

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
I use IPComms out of Georgia as my Primary and have for many years.

My Backup is DID for Sale who is also my SMS provider.

May play with voip.ms now that they have the encrypt capability.

KNERD

Reaction score
I have used Rapidvox for 10 years. Their support is very good, and responds quickly. I rarely have any trouble with them.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Just a quick follow-up that I've run over 1,000 phone calls through V1VoIP and so far, the results look pretty good. All of this is termination traffic, and I'll probably wait another week before I start to add in some origination traffic as well. I'll report back on that then. If anyone has issues using them, please let me know.

jreming

Reaction score
Highly recommend Twilio and Anveo as a second.

Both are super cheap ppm with unlimited channels/concurrent calls.

Twilio on avg will cost $0.0045/m inbound and $0.0075/m outbound, $1 per local did

They use a media gateway (think turn server) to ensure best quality, and has failover with I think 10 ips on the east coast, 4 on the west coast.

--------------------

Anveo is a bit different and cheaper.

$0.004/m inbound and $0.0012-$0.0076/m outbound my avg is $0.0032 out, $0.16 per local did

The only issue with Anveo is you do not have a known ip range and will have to rely on ice (chan_sip) or use the much easier method I have posted here before with pjsip (1 trunk).. Using PJSip solved all my issues with them and am very happy with the service

Last edited:

KNERD

Reaction score
Maybe it is time good ol' Ward start a new forum section on providers (and hopefully a few other new ones)? It coudl be were we discuss them, and maybe they can be allowed to advertise?

Halea

Reaction score
I'm meeting with them next week and will give a full accounting. If you find any shortfalls, please make sure to report back to me so that I can bring it to their attention.
I'm meeting with the right people that can affect change if it is warranted.
@krzykat : Did you post anything more on v1voip or your meeting about 6 months ago? I did a quick search which didn't bring up much.

Twilight Sparkle

https://voip.ms/en/invite/MjM2MjQ4
Reaction score
i use voip.ms so far im happy with them, built in PBX. Call Recording, IVR, Call Forward, and much more. SSL Encryption but only on devices that work with it from what i can till. low rates. best decision ever. i had Vitelity for years was always mad it ate my money left and right always feeding it but with Voip.ms the money lasts a long time pre-pay is cheaper for me then the month.

when you first get into the account you will need to go to settings and select is it IP or ATA... to make sure u get the right settings and much more.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
@krzykat : Did you post anything more on v1voip or your meeting about 6 months ago? I did a quick search which didn't bring up much.

Sorry - got busy with other angles and didn't get it all setup. If I get some free time, I would still like to tour their facility and report back on it.

Halea

Reaction score
i use voip.ms so far im happy with them, built in PBX. Call Recording, IVR, Call Forward, and much more. SSL Encryption but only on devices that work with it from what i can till. low rates. best decision ever. i had Vitelity for years was always mad it ate my money left and right always feeding it but with Voip.ms the money lasts a long time pre-pay is cheaper for me then the month.

when you first get into the account you will need to go to settings and select is it IP or ATA... to make sure u get the right settings and much more.
voip.ms is a fine provider but their pricing is one or two magnitude higher than with v1voip and bulkvs. It makes a significant difference when you have a large number of DIDs.

Halea

Reaction score
Sorry - got busy with other angles and didn't get it all setup. If I get some free time, I would still like to tour their facility and report back on it.
@krzykat : I wondered about your impressions because I still don't know what to think about v1voip. I've been using them for a while now both for origination and termination. Everything has been working well but my get-going was a real pain. Then, at one point I requested a single phone line porting, which got rejected twice as they kept not receiving the LOA through their portal. Finally I ended up by cancelling the port. I bought a couple of numbers for testing and they work fine.
As I said before, origination and termination work very well and they have the least expensive termination rates for US48 I have ever seen (even after factoring in their initial deposit surcharges).
Right now the best combo is bulkvs for origination & line porting, and v1voip for US termination. For international termination (of good quality) I am still searching.

Halea

Reaction score
I currently use a few, but not a fan of one after the purchase. I signed up a v1 account today, curious what you guys think of them.
After 6-7 months of use, how do you like v1voip? I posted my impressions further down in this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.