QUESTION FreeCall.com

bjs.pdx

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has used FreeCall.com as an outbound only trunk? Looks like a standard sip configuration. With the demise of Google Voice functionality, I'm looking for an outbound solution for maybe one or two long distance calls per month (U.S. only).

Info from the website:

Software configuration
General

dot2.gif
SIP port : 5060
dot2.gif
Registrar : sip.freecall.com
dot2.gif
Proxy server : sip.freecall.com
dot2.gif
Outbound proxy server : leave empty
dot2.gif
Account name : your FreeCall username
dot2.gif
Password : your FreeCall password
dot2.gif
Display name/number : your FreeCall username or voipnumber
dot2.gif
Stunserver (option) : stun.freecall.com

Last edited:

TerraHertz

Reaction score
I tried creating an account and setting up a trunk to them but it appears they won't let you make any calls until you have entered your personal information and a payment method, so no thanks.

For one or two calls a month, why not get a free Callcentric DID that comes into your PBX and set it to ring your extension, and then set up your Google Voice account to forward to your Callcentric number, and then when you need to place a call go to the Google Voice web site and login and initiate the call from there? It will call your phone and when you pick up then the number you want to call will ring. Not very convenient if you make a lot of calls but for only one or two calls a month it seems like not that much effort.

(Edited) I'm sorry to report that after I posted this Callcentric stopped offering Free DID's; now they will cost $1 a month plus possibly a 911 surcharge. I don't really know all the specifics but unfortunately that free service has also come to an end.

Last edited:

bjs.pdx

Reaction score
Good information. I think I've got Google Voice working with my pbx system now. Was using Incredible PBX on an Raspberry Pi but the OBI200 wasn't working. Switched to RasPBX and now everything seems to be working...PSTN for local calls, Google Voice for long distance. All inbound calls, PSTN or Google, go to my IVR.

Centar

Reaction score
Good information. I think I've got Google Voice working with my pbx system now. Was using Incredible PBX on an Raspberry Pi but the OBI200 wasn't working. Switched to RasPBX and now everything seems to be working...PSTN for local calls, Google Voice for long distance. All inbound calls, PSTN or Google, go to my IVR.
Google voice is working again in Incredible PBX on an Raspberry Pi...

ajonate

Reaction score
I hesitate to post the solution in public because if too many people do it Google will almost certainly cut us off again. But check your PMs.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Huh. Mine has been working all along. Without any intervention on my part it came back up shortly after the temp kerfuffle and seemingly spite-outage that occurred after the Google Guy announced on DSLR that we were all in violation of the Google Ts and Cs.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.