SOLVED Is HF (HiFormance) the new C@C?

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
So I decided to take one of the Nerdvittles deals ($13/year) to run my backup PBX and the performance is horrible. I've been opening tickets and keep getting no response. I was so fed up I moved back to Vultr's $3.50/month plan and even asked for a refund. No response. Should I open a paypal dispute to get my money back?

ajonate

Reaction score
I got one of their accounts in Chicago and suffered poor performance. I migrated to an L.A. server (Los Angeles, Standard) and enjoy terrific performance.

Your mileage may vary...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We've got HiFormance servers running in Atlanta, Buffalo, Chicago, Dallas, LA, Miami, and New York City. With one exception, they've all been 100% reliable with great performance. The problematic one was easily solved by requesting that it be moved to another server platform. FYI: We eat our own dog food.

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
This is hiformance I'm talking about, not cloud at cost.

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
Okay so I finally got an answer from support and they moved my system to a new node. All is good

billsimon

Reaction score
Sorry, the reason I was a little irritated by the remark was that this became a peeve of mine when I ran my gateway service. I had a clearly stated refund policy. If people asked for a refund outside of the window, I would usually still give it to them. But there were the people who did paypal reversals and CC chargebacks even after using the service for months. I don't know what else to call that except fraud. However, clearly written terms or no, paypal will almost always side with the buyer on a claim for a digital service, so you would get away with it.

chedlin

Reaction score
Well, now HiFormance has gone completely out of business. I don't care if the terms said no refund, I expected to get more than 2 months when I paid for 3 years.

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
I paid for a three-year with HiFormance with PayPal with service from the LA data center. After that instance went dark 12/22 after barely three months, I filed a claim with PayPal for non-delivery of service. My 30 bucks are back in my bank account as/of today! Quick action on PayPal's part, as the claim was filed 12/26.

Two other claims, one $10 one-year and one $8.99 special were both denied, however. One had been functional for a little more than 6 months (still is running, but no control panel via HiFormance log-in). The other claim for $8.99? Meh.

I've migrated my iPBX13-13 from the LA datacenter successfully to an in-house iPBX13-13, but it remains to be seen just how long the LA installation (now unused) continues to function!

/Pete./

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I paid for a three-year with HiFormance with PayPal with service from the LA data center. After that instance went dark 12/22 after barely three months, I filed a claim with PayPal for non-delivery of service. My 30 bucks are back in my bank account as/of today! Quick action on PayPal's part, as the claim was filed 12/26.

Two other claims, one $10 one-year and one $8.99 special were both denied, however. One had been functional for a little more than 6 months (still is running, but no control panel via HiFormance log-in). The other claim for $8.99? Meh.

I've migrated my iPBX13-13 from the LA datacenter successfully to an in-house iPBX13-13, but it remains to be seen just how long the LA installation (now unused) continues to function!

/Pete./

ColoCrossing rents servers by the month so my guess would be less than 31 days. :hang:

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
Uh, yeah! It's dead now.
/Pete./

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If you paid HiFormance with PayPal, look up your last six months of transactions. For every HiFormance charge, click on the item. At the bottom of the display, there's a "report a problem" link. Click that. Indicate that you didn't get the promised merchandise, identify it as a service, and in comments: "Vendor apparently has gone out of business." Takes less than a minute.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.