IncrediblePBX and GVSIP registration issues

ajonate

Reaction score
I actually think google could care less... they still are collecting and analyzing the data used in its free services and thats is exactly what they want. They don't mind giving you services as long as they can have your data.

I'm not sure what data Google can glean from phone service, but it's got to be costing Google something to provide Google Voice for free. I don't know how much, but they pay something for connectivity.

drgeoff

Reaction score
I'm not sure what data Google can glean from phone service, but it's got to be costing Google something to provide Google Voice for free. I don't know how much, but they pay something for connectivity.
Don't forget that Google will be collecting termination charges for calls coming in to GV numbers. I'm not saying that will cover the outgoing call charges and the cost of running their servers. Just that the net cost to Google may not be as high as you might initially think.

JoeOIVOV

Reaction score
Really? It doesn't go through your head at all that every call you make using "free" google voice service is then converted to text and then stored based and tied to your IP address and any names you say during a call are then tied to you and some words you say during the call will be tied to you... and can be searched if you were undergoing certain investigations, fbi, or security clearances. Its sure allowed by their terms of service.

A rational way of looking at this is to say, if you were a terrorist or drug dealer using google voice as communications infrastructure they are unconstitutionally sniffing the traffic to find these people. In return for our rights as stated by their terms of service, we get to use their system which is as cheap to operate as the electricity it takes to add 1 more customer. Less then millionths of a penny in my opinion. They are profiting a lot from collecting our "free" data.

ajonate

Reaction score
Don't forget that Google will be collecting termination charges for calls coming in to GV numbers. I'm not saying that will cover the outgoing call charges and the cost of running their servers. Just that the net cost to Google may not be as high as you might initially think.

I do business with someone who lives in a remote AZ town. Interestingly, magicjack charges termination fees to that town, while Google Voice puts calls right through.

ajonate

Reaction score
Really? It doesn't go through your head at all that every call you make using "free" google voice service is then converted to text and then stored based and tied to your IP address and any names you say during a call are then tied to you and some words you say during the call will be tied to you... and can be searched if you were undergoing certain investigations, fbi, or security clearances. Its sure allowed by their terms of service.

I kinda doubt that. They might have interest in metadata, showing who we're doing business with, but I doubt they capture and analyze content.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.