IncrediblePBX and GVSIP registration issues

Kevman83

Reaction score
Try opening 10000 thru 20000 and see if that helps. Otherwise you should be looking at your NAT settings.

Thanks for your reply, I tried port forwarding the port range and that didn't help it. In the asterisk cli I get and error message, cannot post it because I am on different computer. It says "icess0x75951e9 ...... Error sending STUN request: Network is unreachable" .
If it is a NAT issue how can I change that?

In my router settings I could set a static NAT to my PBX IP address, would that help?

ajonate

Reaction score
TBH I'm not sure. I didn't do anything with iptables yet. I will look at it and see what's going on.

Try stopping iptables momentarily to make a test call.

service iptables stop

Make the test call.

service iptables start

Kevman83

Reaction score
Try stopping iptables momentarily to make a test call.

service iptables stop

Make the test call.

service iptables start

Thanks again for the response. I am unsure of what my problem could be. Something is definitely blocking the connection. I tried stopping iptables, and it still said network unreachable. Maybe I messed up my install, or my isp is blocking it?

It's like every thing works great according to what I see in the logs up to the moment when the calls connect. The phones ring fine as well, whether I call my soft phone from cellular or vice versa.

Edit: For what it's worth, I know I have a open NAT at least according to my Xbox network settings, I am not sure if that means anything for a PBX system but all voice communications and multiplayer aspects function really well on the Xbox.

Last edited:

Laurence

Reaction score
OK, then the file to edit is install-gvsip.sh and the command wold be:

sed -i 's|voice.telephony.goog|64.9.242.172|g' /root/gvsip-naf/install-gvsip.sh

No that is a shell script and does not have that entry. But I found a file called pjsip_custom.txt which those those entries so I have updated them

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We have a more permanent fix to the GVSIP problem this morning. No guarantees on how long it will last. But this one will force Google to actually blacklist a previously issued OBi certificate so we will see what we see. The fix is documented in today's Nerd Vittles update.

DiEkaiTWkAA0dGE.jpg

ajonate

Reaction score
I applied the fix and now my gvsip trunk connections are rejected. I assume this isn't the desired result.

****Edited to Add****
I checked the pjsip_custom.conf and outbound proxy was changed to obihai.telephony.goog. I set them back to the IP address (64.9.242.172) and I'm registered again.

Last edited:

interbiznw

Reaction score
We have a more permanent fix to the GVSIP problem this morning. No guarantees on how long it will last. But this one will force Google to actually blacklist a previously issued OBi certificate so we will see what we see. The fix is documented in today's Nerd Vittles update.

DiEkaiTWkAA0dGE.jpg
What happened to the update??? 404ing

ajonate

Reaction score
What happened to the update??? 404ing

It's pretty obvious that the IncrediblePBX project is undergoing changes. I suspect we'll just have to be patient and see what develops over the next few days.

interbiznw

Reaction score
Dead you say eh? Unless of course the community wants to join in with me to continue to reverse engineer the obihai to keep our Asterisk servers connected. DM me if your interested in collaborating and especially if you have a current obihai device. Or come on over to https://discord.gg/zQbz7rv and chat with us! Hope to see you there!

Last edited:

interbiznw

Reaction score
It was just working fine yesterday an this morning and all day I cannot get past "Rejected" . Is there no more update? Or was there an update to shut this down?

Mine was working last night after I switched it from the DNS name to the ip address, come on over to https://discord.gg/zQbz7rv and chat with us! I plan on finding a fix asap, Hope to see you there!

EDIT: FOUND A FIX - come on over to https://discord.gg/zQbz7rv to keep it off this forum as they are supposed to remove all GVSIP related Guides

Last edited:

JoeOIVOV

Reaction score
Maybe its not about the number of people doing it rather then monetary reasons. The people shutting you down are probably directly making money from doing so, look around. It seems theres a few providers giving out discounts for your service, coincidence maybe? As soon as they get wind of the new access they will report it and try to get it blocked. I'm sure this is only causing issues for those random named sip providers that only exist because there was no free options for lab/home users. Businesses don't use GVSIP as far as I know.

I actually think google could care less... they still are collecting and analyzing the data used in its free services and thats is exactly what they want. They don't mind giving you services as long as they can have your data.

Seems like asterisk GVSIP is just stepping on the toes of small sip providers trying to meet a bottom line by the end of the year and they are doing what they can to get our business. 14.99 per month x 12 months, 180$ a year x 100 people = $18,000. and this is just a modest analysis, I'm sure there is much more money in this then I'm giving credit to in my opinion.

Yeah you could go with bottom tier cheapest companies for less then a dollar per month too but then again you only get what you pay for unless its free.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.