QUESTION PBX 13-13 / fqdn ipchecker

Hometech

Reaction score
Hi Did a new install PBX 13-13 ubuntu working good! I have a small Issue on a mobile client.

On my android phone I run Zoiper and a Duckdns client for dynamic DNS asgined to the phone. It seams that when my IP changes on the Android Phone PBXIAF iptables is not updating IP even though I can ping the mobile client from the PBX and it knows the new IP. But if I reboot the Asterisk computer remotely it updates IPtables and SIP connects.

Does someone know when that ipchecker runs and how I can check to see its results? I don't think its working correctly. Also does it restart iptables service after an fqdn dynamic update? I dont know if there is a problem with it getting the update.

Also noticed that IAX2 port is always set to open for some reason? That seems to work through all IP changes.

Hometech

Reaction score
OK I think I found the issue. The ipchecker script in root was not checking for a change it would run but had nothing to check for. I had to add account file name that contains the fqdn name (droid.iptables) the at the top and remove #

Now it checks for changes to IP and updates iptables! I will keep testing so far so good.

#!/bin/bash

# Insert the account filenames to be checked below
# Remember to increment the account[#] for new entries

account[0]=droid.iptables
#account[0]=larry.iptables
#account[1]=curly.iptables
#account[2]=moe.iptables

# ipchecker (c) Copyright 2012, Ward Mundy & Associates LLC. All Rights Reserved.
#
# ipchecker 1.3U is licensed under the GPL2 license
#
# For a copy of license, visit http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html
#
# For additional information, contact us: http://pbxinaflash.com/about/comment.php

ericlee1

Reaction score
I think my script doesn't work at all.. when it runs I see the

account[0]=droid.iptables

account[1]=drsssoid.iptables
account[2]=droidddd.iptables

being listed, but somehow my dyndns hosts are not being updated in iptables, and the iptables-restart script never runs..

noticed that the /var/log/ipchecker.log never gets populated. where to i start in trying to fix this?

ericlee1

Reaction score
ok looks like a got a bug to report: the original incrediblepbx whole enchilada install doesn't have the SED command needed to process the ./ipchecker script

The dig command is a part of the BIND utilities so you need to install them. To install the BIND utilities, type the following:

$ yum install bind-utils

also not sure, why or how the ipchecker got updated, but reverting to ipchecker.org and manually inserting the account names seems to run correctly manually

also had
renamed ipchecker to ipchecker.old
renamed ipchecker.orig to ipchecker

was I supposed to do all this to get this working, or did something get messed up during the install?

Last edited:

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
@wardmundy I am having the same issues, specifically with duckdns, no ipchecker.log, knockd working but not fqdn. IncrediblePBX whole enchilada install but did not separately install the bind-utils. Incredible PBX 13.0.192.19. I was able to get through after manually running iptables-restart.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.