TIPS Changing email header language

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
upload_2018-11-14_8-14-32.png
Is there a way to safely change this to something else? Is it just changing it in /etc/hosts or is there more to it?

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks krzykat. I appreciate the nudge in the right direction. For those using Scientific Linux 6.9 as part of IncrediblePBX, (and for me when I forget) the hostname is hidden over in /etc/sysconfig/network

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Thanks krzykat. I appreciate the nudge in the right direction. For those using Scientific Linux 6.9 as part of IncrediblePBX, (and for me when I forget) the hostname is hidden over in /etc/sysconfig/network

I'm too lazy or stupid (take your pick) and I just use webmin .... https://serverip:9001 - then head over to networking -> network configuration -> Hostname and DNS Client - And YES !!! Posting your own answer has helped me out NUMEROUS times. I laugh when I find an answer and it was me from 3 years ago.

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
Once I asked a friend to help me solve a problem that seemed beyond me. He got back to me with a post from here.... I was quite embarrassed to see he quoted from my own post with the solution to the problem...

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
UPDATE: The only thing I wanted to change was the email branding, so I just changed %BRAND% to my desired text in the body of the email. Way easier than installing phpmyadmin because changing the host settings in /etc/sysconfig/network didn't do the BRAND variable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.