QUESTION BLF and "Presence" with 3CX/PIAF5

scotru

Reaction score
I recently installed PIAF5 with 3CX after having used Asterisk based PIAF in the past. Overall, I've been impressed with the ease of use and how 3CX does most of the things my users expect out of the box. However, there is one notable exception and that is how 3CX handles presence as an entirely separate function to BLF. We have Yealink phones (t46) with sidecar/extension on reception phone. My receptionist would really like to be able to see presence by looking at the sidecar. But BLF shows only when the extension is in use--not when it's DND or when presence is set to Away, etc...

Asterisk did what end users expect by using SIP "hints" for tracking presence and allowing subscriptions to the hints.

I'm looking for creative ideas for achieving this functionality on 3CX.

jake372

Reaction score
Same here. I was told this is not possible in 3CX but I could be wrong. Alternative is to use the CTI and add the BLF side car too it. If they put their phone in DND it shows up there--just not on actual phone.

YiannisH

Support Team
Reaction score
In 3CX you cannot have presence on IP phones. Presence is used by the clients so to use presence you need to use the 3CX client or better still the new web client where you can control your phone from your browser
https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/web-client/

atibs1

Reaction score
I have 3cx ver 16 and T48 hand sets, and blf works well.

wa4zlw

Reaction score
This has been an irritant for me as well but I think I have it working of some sorts with Grandstream.

I have passed the following to GS to update the GS templates for 3CX.

"I would like to suggest the following two changes in the GS Template:

CALL FEATURES

ENABLE BLF PICKUP - P9905=1

HIDE BLF STATUS - P8374=0"

What this does is if a BLF rings, you can press that button to answer it. It also shows you BLF status, in other words you can see either the FROM number to TO number on the LCD. So far this works well. I've created a modified GS template to do this and I've manually provisioned phones to do this as well.

Leon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.