QUESTION 5 digit dialing (digit manipulation)

pinto2020

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me how I can do this?
All my extensions are 11 digits (for example, 11015981810, 11015984449 etc.) However, I would like to dial just 5 digits to reach another extension. So from 11015981810 to reach 11015984449, I would like to just dial 84449.

I know it has something to do with dial plan, just not sure where I would have to set this.

I know how to do outbound dial route to send a call thru a trunk (example, add 1 before sending out PSTN for long distance call), but not sure how I can do this to send calls to an extension.

I am using Ast 13.21 with Incredible PBX 13.0

Reaction score
I don't know how to do it the direction you are going. If I were doing it I would create the extensions as 5 digit extensions then do inbound routing on the DID number to send it to the extension.

This will allow you to do 5 digit dialing between extensions and still get the full number from your trunks.

JoeOIVOV

Reaction score
I don't know how to do it the direction you are going. If I were doing it I would create the extensions as 5 digit extensions then do inbound routing on the DID number to send it to the extension.

This will allow you to do 5 digit dialing between extensions and still get the full number from your trunks.

+1 I do this, also, you can use the Outgoing rule to prepend the +1 XXX XX when it sends it to the trunk, the trunk then takes your +1NXXNXXXXXX number from the outgoing route and dials.

I've never done it like the OP is talking about, but I've seen it..

Reaction score
That would work but you would be using the trunk outbound and inbound for that one call. If you are paying per minute for your trunks then you are paying for extension to extension calls.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Somewhere there is a thread here which checks inbound DID's and routes them internally if you dial one that's on your PBX. But I can't find it right now . . .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.