Incrediblepbx and google stopped working last night

gary donahue

Reaction score
I suddenly am unable to make or receive calls.
I get these errors in the logfile

Registration using newly created transport 0x7xxxxxxxxxxx
[2018-10-12 12:36:03] ERROR[2164] pjproject: sip_msg .Header with no vptr encountered!! Current buffer: REGISTER sip:eek:bihai.sip.google.com SIP/2.0

[2018-10-12 12:36:03] WARNING[2164] pjproject: SSL SSL_ERROR_SSL (Handshake): Level: 0 err: <336151568> <SSL routines-ssl3_read_bytes-sslv3 alert handshake failure> len: 0
[2018-10-12 12:36:03] WARNING[2165] res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c: No response received from 'sip:eek:bihai.sip.google.com' on registration attempt to 'sip:[email protected]', retrying in '60'

Does anyone have an idea what is going on? The system has been running smoothly for almost 2 months..
Thanks
Garyue

gary donahue

Reaction score
Well after many reboots and tinkering it's now working again..
Logging into the console several times I just went thru the normal default checks just hitting enter. Then the last time it updated something..I figured this has to be good.. One more reboot and it's working..

This is the Update that fixed it..
Checking for update730. NOT FOUND. Installing... update730
Updating GVSIP for Google improvement...

GaryUE

Last edited:

Kezzism

System scavenger
Reaction score
Panicked for a second, thought I'd messed something up, even accidentally deleted the GVSIP forwarding number in legacy GV as a last ditch guess. Had to re-make the trunk after that and go through O-auth again, still didn't work until I rebooted the OS and it told me about the update. After that it was smooth sailing - hopefully it stays up for some time to come~ thanks!

gary donahue

Reaction score
I have to say, this IncrediblePBX is Incredible..
It's the 1'st Linux distro that broke and repaired itself..

Jonathan Agramonte

Reaction score
I was playing around and scanning deep into my logs last night (because we're all guilty of it :rolleyes:) because I was having issues with my GVSIP-NAF connection as well. I noticed some SSL Handshake errors being thrown. I decided to whip up a dev VM with a fresh 13-13 install and I was getting the same errors. For s**ts and giggles, I went over to PBXes (thanks, Ward!), created an account, and attempted to add a trunk for GVSIP. It was only connecting/registering about 50% of the time. At this point, I knew it was something on Google's side, but not yet out of my control. I spent a few hours going through every menu in the Incredible PBX admin site and finally found what sounded like something relative to what I saw earlier - the SSL Handshake error. Under Asterisk SIP Settings > Chan PJSIP Settings I found the golden switch that bypassed the SSL handshake error - TLS/SSL/SRTP Settings > Verify Server - but neither "Yes" nor "No" were selected. I selected "No" for Verify Server (and Verify Client, but this shouldn't really be necessary)
Then issued an amportal restart, and VOILA! A quick check with show-trunks and the trunk was successfully registered!
If SSL is truly the culprit here, it may not be that Google is trying to prevent us from using GV with our PBX, but rather upgrading their security. Based off of recent security-related happenings at Google, I wouldn't knock that off my list of possible culprits just yet.
Let's see how long this "temporary band-aid" lasts before it falls off *shrug*

UPDATE: Reading through other replies, I saw mentions about Asterisk 13.23. Yes, I did try upgrading to 13.23 as well as a fresh pull of GVSIP-NAF from GitHub to no avail.

Attachments

• tempsnip.png
    tempsnip.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 9
  • tempsnip2.png
    tempsnip2.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 9

troysmoke

Reaction score
Any thoughts if those steps don't work?

I'm using the latest Raspberry Pi build, updated to Asterisk 13.23, turned off certificate verify, but am still getting:

[2018-10-13 15:55:51] DEBUG[4304]: res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c:625 stateless_send_resolver_callback: Registration using newly created transport
[2018-10-13 15:55:51] WARNING[4303]: pjproject:0 <?>: SSL SSL_ERROR_SSL (Handshake): Level: 0 err: <336151568> <SSL routines-ssl3_read_bytes-sslv3 alert handshake failure> len: 0
[2018-10-13 15:55:51] WARNING[4304]: res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c:987 schedule_retry: No response received from 'sip:eek:bihai.sip.google.com' on registration attempt to 'sip:mad:obihai.sip.google.com', retrying in '60'

Edit: found an answer here
https://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/incrediblepbx-and-gvsip-registration-issues.23195/

Thanks for any help. troy

Last edited:

Jonathan Agramonte

Reaction score
It's been a little over 24 hours since I implemented my solution on all three of my boxes and they've retained connection to GV with no issues... I'll check back in if I begin to experience the issue again.

Any thoughts if those steps don't work?

I'm using the latest Raspberry Pi build, updated to Asterisk 13.23, turned off certificate verify, but am still getting:

[2018-10-13 15:55:51] DEBUG[4304]: res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c:625 stateless_send_resolver_callback: Registration using newly created transport
[2018-10-13 15:55:51] WARNING[4303]: pjproject:0 <?>: SSL SSL_ERROR_SSL (Handshake): Level: 0 err: <336151568> <SSL routines-ssl3_read_bytes-sslv3 alert handshake failure> len: 0
[2018-10-13 15:55:51] WARNING[4304]: res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c:987 schedule_retry: No response received from 'sip:eek:bihai.sip.google.com' on registration attempt to 'sip:mad:obihai.sip.google.com', retrying in '60'

Edit: found an answer here
https://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/incrediblepbx-and-gvsip-registration-issues.23195/

Thanks for any help. troy

I was getting the same errors as you in my logs. Did the thread you mentioned in your edit correct your problem? After some more scouring of the interwebs, it appears there's a different solution for everyone's scenario, and that there isn't a single answer to the issues we're experiencing. My solution I mentioned seemed to work for me on three different VMs with different GV accounts and configurations. This is the strangest thing... Does anyone have any ideas as to what's really going on here? Everyone seemed to start experiencing related issues around the same time, but everyone's getting different errors...

EDIT: I read somewhere (I think it may have been Ward Mundy's blog) that the RPi build of Incredible PBX doesn't have full support for GVSIP-NAF. Not sure if that is still a current issue, but I wouldn't knock that off the list of culprits in your situation just yet if it is indeed still a known issue on RPi builds. If you have another spare SD card laying around and some spare time on your hands, see what happens if you install Ubuntu and Incredible PBX 13-13 for Ubuntu on your RPi. I may give that a try myself out of pure curiosity to try to get down to the root issue.

-Jon

Last edited:

djizzy

Reaction score
I can get an inbound call setting up the trunk with PBXES.org but I cannot make an outbound call. Can I get some help?

mrfeh

Reaction score
Also unable to make outgoing call as of 11/11. Not sure when things went south...must have been in the last couple days.

I've previously applied the fix mentioned above (changing obihai.telephony.goog to voice.telephony.goog).

Current error in asterisk log is:

res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c: No response received from 'sip:eek:bihai.sip.google.com' on registration attempt to 'sip:[email protected]', retrying in '60'

mrfeh

Reaction score
Also unable to make outgoing call as of 11/11. Not sure when things went south...must have been in the last couple days.

I've previously applied the fix mentioned above (changing obihai.telephony.goog to voice.telephony.goog).

Current error in asterisk log is:

res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c: No response received from 'sip:eek:bihai.sip.google.com' on registration attempt to 'sip:[email protected]', retrying in '60'

Resolved; I found the answer here: https://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/problems-with-gv-again.23283/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.