PBX behind firewall with no internet connection

Reaction score
I have Incredible PBX 13-13.7 for Raspberry Pi 3B installed. It seems to be running very slow all the time. When the web administration page first loads up the Dashboard takes an unusually long time to load. If I run the command "pbxstatus" from the terminal it takes 1 minute and 20 seconds to load the results. Briefly as it loads the results I think I see an error message but it goes away too fast to read it. I was able to increase the speed of the Dashboard loading by removing the RSS Feeds from the Settings menu. It still takes longer to load than when I built it in my lab. This system was built in my lab on a 10.x.x.x. network and is now on 172.16.x.x. Prior to moving the system I edited /etc/iptables/rules.v4 file and added

Code:
-A INPUT -s 172.16.0.0/12 -j ACCEPT

When I run the command "top" I am only using about 4% CPU and maybe 6 to 8% Memory.

This system is behind a firewall and the only trunks it will have will be to a NEC PBX. It will not have access to the internet.

For the initial test I have SIP trunks programmed on the NEC system pointed to the Incredible PBX and the reverse also setup.

My trunk settings (I am not using registration at this moment. I still need to work out how to do that and I think that might be some of my problem.)

outbound

USER Context: SIP01

USER Details:
type=peer
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=no
host=172.16.xxx.xxx
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

Incoming

USER Context: SIP02

User Details:
type=peer
context=from-internal
canreinvite=no
host=172.16.xxx.xxx
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

I can call from from the IncrediblePBX platform to the NEC using Zopier Softphone but the call setup time is 27 seconds. By that I mean when I finish dialing the 4 digit extension it is 27 seconds before Zopier and the NEC phone start to ring. I answer the call and it sounds fine. I use Zopier client on my system in my lab and it processes call with no delay.

As a test I tried the Yate client and it rings immediately but then a few seconds later says "Hung Up". It can't complete the call and I did not see anywhere I could change its timer.

From the NEC the call setup time is taking too long so it drops the call. I can see it hit the gateway but I don't have any logs to refer to yet.

The Raspberry Pi and NEC phone are on one voice vlan and the NEC Gateway is on another. These vlans can communicate with each other fine.

Is this all related to not being able to connect to the internet causing some service to not load?

Anyone have a suggestion on what logs I can look at to point me to why things are taking so long?

Reaction score
That helped it cut down the delay in calling but it still takes 9 seconds for the call to start ringing from either side. At least I can call from either system to the other system. There are just a few settings to make in the gateway or the asterisk system to make it work fully.

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.