ALERT GVSIP Is Dead, was: GVSIP Registration Issues. Asterisk 13.23.0 Seems To Fix The Problem.

sortons

Reaction score
For some reason I believe that we are trying to address many (several) issues under one heading or thread.
To make it short, yesterday, gvsip pjsip registrations got rejected regardless of number of trunks and / or anything else that used to work the minute before.

If we could just stayed focused on the fact that something that used to work and doesn't do that anymore could be solved with the lines of code in post #64 we may reduce the chatter on the topic.

Next step, since development will, hopefully, never stop (that's the positive aspect of it - thank you) I can say that I'm running the initial PI3 Incredible PBX (asterisk 13.22) with the current ../gvsip-update and the edits from post #64 and all is up and beautifully running.
Mixing more releases in one topic may not solve the issue or move it forward...

patrick0525

Reaction score
Frustrating but solved
Asterisk 13.22 + GUI ver 13.0.120.10
Incredible PBX 13-13.7 Raspbery Pi 3B

using Post #64
Thank you.

patrick0525

Reaction score
Used Post #64
Asterisk 13.23.1 + GUI ver 13.0.120.10
Incredible PBX 13-13.7 Raspbery Pi 2B
So far so good.

weenus500

Reaction score
Weenus500,

Please make sure the command is spelled “patch -p1....” not “-pl” I used the patch in /usr/src

-Vladimir
sorry: "patch -p1 <
Running on raspi 3b+

I am having the same issue, I did patch it properly using /usr/src file as well as the one included in the gvsip-naf directory. Actually updating Asterisk broke a few things, I think I fixed most of it.

=========================================================================
Connected to Asterisk 13.23.1 currently running on incrediblepbx (pid = 27688)
incrediblepbx*CLI> pjsip show registrations
No objects found.

I just realized it quoted the reply not the issue. Sorry coffee consumption had not begun yet at this time.
I patched it and compiled for the third time with no errors, but still ended up with No objects found when I ran asterisk -rx "pjsip show registrations" Any help?

ariban

Reaction score
Ariban,

As I hear you the problem was not fixed by 13.23.1. If that is correct then you have some other issue.

Do you see anything of inetrest in the Asterisk console at the time you experience the issue? How does it compare to what you see after the restart while everything is still working fine?

-Vladimir
after this update, it is working again, for incoming and outgoing calls on GV
sed -i 's|obihai.telephony.goog|voice.telephony.goog|' /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf
amportal restart
sed -i 's|obihai.telephony.goog|voice.telephony.goog|' /root/gvsip-naf/install-gvsip

roarsys

Reaction score
sorry: "patch -p1 <

I patched it and compiled for the third time with no errors, but still ended up with No objects found when I ran asterisk -rx "pjsip show registrations" Any help?

I'm having the same issue. Let me know if you find anything helpful. Thankfully I do have other SIP providers running. It'd be nice to have GVSIP, I can't really take it offline and do a complete reinstall for GVSIP. I believe we may have to start another thread for this.

To be clear I did the update on another box WITHOUT the asterisk upgrade and it is working perfectly fine. o_O

ajonate

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. Let me know if you find anything helpful. Thankfully I do have other SIP providers running. It'd be nice to have GVSIP, I can't really take it offline and do a complete reinstall for GVSIP. I believe we may have to start another thread for this.

To be clear I did the update on another box WITHOUT the asterisk upgrade and it is working perfectly fine. o_O

There must be a variable that we don't understand. Perhaps it's in how the server was built. I have two VPS servers built as follows.

1. CentOS 6 minimal then IncrediblePBX 13-13 LEAN.
2. Installed from IncrediblePBX 13-13 template at HiFormance

Both work fine with gvsip without the issue you describe.

Last edited:

roarsys

Reaction score
Both running on raspi 3b+. The one with issue I installed GVSIP using nerdvittles instructional after configuring all my regular SIP configurations.

Second PBX I used the incrediblepbx-gvsip iso.

Main difference currently between the two is the second pbx I did not do the Asterisk upgrade per this thread. I just did the instructions in post #64.

PBX 1 is running Asterisk 13.23.1
PBX 2 is running Asterisk 13.22.0

Reaction score
Both running on raspi 3b+. The one with issue I installed GVSIP using nerdvittles instructional after configuring all my regular SIP configurations.

Second PBX I used the incrediblepbx-gvsip iso.

Main difference currently between the two is the second pbx I did not do the Asterisk upgrade per this thread. I just did the instructions in post #64.

PBX 1 is running Asterisk 13.23.1
PBX 2 is running Asterisk 13.22.0
Roarsys,

There are two separate issues being discussed in this thread:
  1. The original 13.22 instability fixed by updating to 13.23
  2. Goggle Voice introducing a new certificate requirement for Obihai registrations early Friday morning, 10/12/2018, this one is worked around by changing the proxy address from obihai.telephony.goog to voice.telephony.goog for now.
-Vladimir

roarsys

Reaction score
Roarsys,

There are two separate issues being discussed in this thread:
  1. The original 13.22 instability fixed by updating to 13.23
  2. Goggle Voice introducing a new certificate requirement for Obihai registrations early Friday morning, 10/12/2018, this one is worked around by changing the proxy address from obihai.telephony.goog to voice.telephony.goog for now.
-Vladimir

Correct. The workaround is what I am having issues with on PBX 1. I receive a no pjsip registrations status even after applying the workaround and applying the patch properly.

I’m trying to supply as much information as I can to help narrow down what the root cause of the issue could be.

Reaction score
Correct. The workaround is what I am having issues with on PBX 1. I receive a no pjsip registrations status even after applying the workaround and applying the patch properly.

I’m trying to supply as much information as I can to help narrow down what the root cause of the issue could be.
Roarsys,

Let us make it clear. You are having an issue running 13.23.1 where you point to voice.telephony.goog as a proxy, is that right?

If yes, then it is some other issue. Since you have a working system you can run a comaparative analisys by setting a non-working one the same way as the working one and trying to understand what is causing the issue.

-Vladimir

UNTech

Reaction score
Registered to say THANK YOU for finding the fix per post #64. Been wrestling with this all weekend and that took care of it. Keep up the great work

Reaction score
All my GVSIP registrations are rejected as of 3am 10/16/2018.

Tried playing with the proxy server naming, specifically tried obihai.telephony.goog and gm-voice.l.google.com on top of now standard voice.telephony.goog

All I am getting is:
Code:
[2018-10-16 17:17:02] ERROR[25156]: res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c:590 stateless_send_resolver_callback: Resolver failed. Cannot send message

-Vladimir

Reaction score
All my GVSIP registrations are rejected as of 3am 10/16/2018.

Tried playing with the proxy server naming, specifically tried obihai.telephony.goog and gm-voice.l.google.com on top of now standard voice.telephony.goog

All I am getting is:
Code:
[2018-10-16 17:17:02] ERROR[25156]: res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c:590 stateless_send_resolver_callback: Resolver failed. Cannot send message

-Vladimir
Never mind. The problem was related to the OS resource issue, had nothing to do with Google Voice. Just manifestation was similar.

See technical details here: https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r3...g-and-technical-discussion~start=930#32155582

-Vladimir

EDIT

Unfortunately the problem is persistent. All registrations survive for an hour or so after the Asterisk restart.

EDIT 2

The actual issue was Comcast changing ACL on its DNS server 75.75.76.76 only allowing access from the Comcast network. All details are at the link above.

Last edited:
Reaction score
after this update, it is working again, for incoming and outgoing calls on GV
sed -i 's|obihai.telephony.goog|voice.telephony.goog|' /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf
amportal restart
sed -i 's|obihai.telephony.goog|voice.telephony.goog|' /root/gvsip-naf/install-gvsip
Ariban,

Is it still working for you? It looks like your problem where "amportal restart" was the only remedy to recover registrations started affecting me as of 3am Tuesday morning, 10/16/2018.

Still cannot find a solution.

-Vladimir

EDIT

After re-reading your messages more carefully I concluded your problem was slightly different. Your registrations showed as registered but did not actually work. In my case they become "rejected" after an hour or so after amportal restart.

-Vladimir

Last edited:

Marcus Watson

Reaction score
I have tried everything here, but simply cannot get my trunks registered. I added the code in post 64 and I am at a stopping point. I am on Asterisk 13.22.

ajonate

Reaction score
Yes, Raspi 3.

Seems to be the common thread with this problem.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but why use those things? Processing power is limited, data storage is slow, and there's not real advantage to miniaturization or low power consumption for a pbx. You could beat the cost and outperform a Raspi by using an old Core2Duo box you could pick up for $50. What's the purpose in using one of those things for a pbx?

Marcus Watson

Reaction score
I have the same problem on a Virtual Box VM running on my Mac mini. So it is not just limited to the Pi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.