BUG TCP isnt working ! Shutting Down TCP no request received every 5 seconds. Help!

jamesmcmuffin

Intermediate Programmer.
Reaction score
I am trying to get my endpoints to connect through TCP with my GVSIP trunks and i get this issue. where my endpoint says reachable then 5 seconds later it goes unreachable. I am really stuck on this error and i am looking for some assistance with this. I am using PJSIP extensions on port 5060.

If you have any information on this. Please contact me by leaving a reply or contacting my phone number
(530-988-8631) Text or Call Anytime.

Photos of the Errors i am getting.

upload_2018-8-11_15-47-51.png

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Do you need to use PJsip? I'm not sure its ready for prime time, and would recommend trying regular SIP instead to see if you have same results.

chris_c_

Reaction score
I have issues in both PJSIP and CHANSIP.

With PJSIP i have the issue listed above where my endpoint goes Reachable but then not even 5 seconds it gets taken down by something in my asterisk server. i have checked my firewall and my modem and nothing pointed out to me. i've tried enabling consistent nat on my firewall but that didn't give me any luck.

Calls on PJSIP are hit or miss. Sometimes they go through and sometime they don't . Verbose lists. at the time
View attachment 2178

Calls on CHANSIP have one-way audio. So i just dont know where to turn....
Have a look on this huge discussion thread about GVSIP, in this post this 5 second timeout was mentioned about a month ago by user @restamp also a user on this forum here.

restamp

Reaction score
Have a look on this huge discussion thread about GVSIP, in this post this 5 second timeout was mentioned about a month ago by user @restamp also a user on this forum here.
I've been in contact with James offline and mentioned that I'd seen this myself, although I don't recall ever resolving it. Of interest is the fact that it showed up for the both of us while we were attempting to get GVSIP to work in an ARM environment. Perhaps it is a bug that just happens to be latent in the Intel realm. If I recall, UDP worked fine, but I know James wants to have encrypted extensions. In any event, since it affects TCP as well as TLS, it is probably not an openssl problem.

jamesmcmuffin

Intermediate Programmer.
Reaction score
I've been in contact with James offline and mentioned that I'd seen this myself, although I don't recall ever resolving it. Of interest is the fact that it showed up for the both of us while we were attempting to get GVSIP to work in an ARM environment. Perhaps it is a bug that just happens to be latent in the Intel realm. If I recall, UDP worked fine, but I know James wants to have encrypted extensions. In any event, since it affects TCP as well as TLS, it is probably not an openssl problem.

I'm still working towards a solution. My PjSip has the same error listed above and why might this not be a OpenSSL problem Just saying. I haven't done any diagnostic steps on OpenSSL. I just don't see what might be causing this. I thought is may have been my firewall but sadly when i removed it from my network it persisted to annoy me with the Transport Shutdown every 5 Seconds

I have seen online people have located a PJSIP_IDLE_TIMER in a file but i have looked and haven't seen any such thing because it is very odd that my PJSIP TRANSPORT MANAGEMENT is set to 5 Seconds when i talk to other resources they state "Mine should be set to 32 seconds" so this makes me wonder how does this change? I think my issue may just be the IDLE timer is just set to low. but i am not sure.

Problem Still Persists strongly. So please get back to me if you have any information on this i have multiple posts on my profile with the same issue.

Thank you.

jamesmcmuffin

Intermediate Programmer.
Reaction score
Do you need to use PJsip? I'm not sure its ready for prime time, and would recommend trying regular SIP instead to see if you have same results.
I have issues in both PJSIP and CHANSIP.

With PJSIP i have the issue listed above where my endpoint goes Reachable but then not even 5 seconds it gets taken down by something in my asterisk server. i have checked my firewall and my modem and nothing pointed out to me. i've tried enabling consistent nat on my firewall but that didn't give me any luck.

Calls on PJSIP are hit or miss. Sometimes they go through and sometime they don't . Verbose lists. at the time
Calls on CHANSIP have one-way audio. So i just dont know where to turn.... If anyone can help me out Feel free to call my Mobile.
530-535-8698

Last edited:
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.