R.I.P. Reinstall Asterisk 13.22.0 on Raspberry pi?

BostonDan

Reaction score
I tried updating my Asterisk 13.19.0 (I believe) on my RPi 3 to Asterisk 13.22.0.
Afterwards, I reboot the RPi and pbxstatus gives the version of Asterisk as:

Asterisk Such +

Now my asterisks will not start, and dies if I use the command service asterisk start

I was wondering if there was a way to reinstall Asterisk. I also have privateeyepi working on my RPi, so I would hate to have to start from scratch with the image, wiping out the privateeyepi and forcing me to reinstall everything.

Could anybody help?

Cheers,
B.D.

BostonDan

Reaction score
Ok, never mind. I restored my backup (tar -xvf) and at least got to a state that asterisk was working. I will try reinstalling asterisk 13.22.0 now.

Cheers,
B.D.

BostonDan

Reaction score
Now my asterisk is really foobar'd. I'm wondering how to completely remove and reinstall asterisk without having to reimage the SD card. Is there a gzipped tar file that can be downloaded like the gvsip-naf package?

Any assistance appreciated.

Cheers,
B.D.

Jake

Reaction score
I'm afraid that starting with a clean image is going to be your best option.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If you can log in as root and get to a command prompt, you might try following this tutorial. It will install Asterisk 13.22.0 as part of the procedure.

BostonDan

Reaction score
Ward,

Thank you for the suggestion. It seems that Asterisk is installing ok (and has been installed ok), but there is a problem with the fwconsole (amportal) connection to asterisk. There are errors popping up when I try to restart fwconsole as:

[Whoops\Exception\ErrorException]
fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given

Also, if I tried to update the fwconsole framework I get the following error:
fwconsole ma upgrade framework

No repos specified, using: [standard,extended,unsupported] from last GUI settings
Starting framework download..
Processing framework
Verifying local module download...Redownloading
The following error(s) occured:
- Error opening http://incrediblepbx.com/modules/packages/framework/framework-13.0.192.19.tgz for reading

Can you assist with the errors with fwconsole?

Thanks in advance. Also, just as a note, I am greatly appreciative of all that you have done withe incrediblepbx and I have learned quite a lot setting up my raspberry pi with the incrediblepbx image, even though you have made it extremely simple I have explored linux more than I have had a chance to do previously. Thank you.

Cheers,
B.D.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.