QUESTION CallerID in Wazo from Obi202 Gateway

yajrendrag

Reaction score
I've implemented the OBi202 gateway per this article: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=25846.

am using Incredible PBX on Wazo and for the most part it's working fine - although it did take a bit of twiddling to interpret the trunk setup in Wazo from the examples given for FreePBX & VitalPBX.

The caller ID number is showing up in Wazo as 001NXXXXXXXXX though. i'm sure this is probably a problem with the trunk configuration but i can't seem to come up with a configuration that produces a CID value that looks like what is normally produced (+1NXXXXXXXXX). If i go to my opencnam portal and try and plug in the 001NXXXXXXXXX it isn't accepted, so thinking none of my CID lookups will work unless i get this figured out.

The way i configured the trunk in Wazo is:
General Tab:
Name and Auth user name as the AuthUserName in SPx in Obi in SIP Credentials
Password as AuthPassword in SPx in Obi
Connection Type: Friend
IP address type: Dynamic
Context: Incalls (I tried default, but that doesn't work)

Register Tab
Name and AuthName and password as above
Remote Server as IP address of Obi
Port is same port as Obi's SPx X_UserAgentPort value

Signalling Tab
DTMF to RFC2833
Monitoring to yes
Added G.711ulaw and opus codecs

Advanced Tab
Insecure: All
Port - same port as Obi's SPx X_UserAgentPort value
Trust Remote_Party-ID: Yes
Send Remote-Party-ID: Yes
Rewriting the From field-User: AuthUserName in SPx in Obi in SIP Credentials
amaflag: Default
Transport: UDP

Appreciate any thoughts on what to change or what else may be related to the CID # format

thanks

opencnam

OpenCNAM by Telo
Reaction score
Hi yajrendrag,

You are correct, it is related to the CID format you are using. You do not need the 011 when using the + prefix. All queries require phone numbers that are formatted in E164 format. Thus, use + followed by the country code and then the phone number.

Query String
https://api.opencnam.com/v3/phone/+442037019750?account_sid=[your SID here]&auth_token=[your auth token here]

Response
{
"name": "TELO",
"number": "+442037019750",
"price": 0.0048,
"uri": "/v3/phone/+442037019750"
}

Keep in mind that Plus and Value are the two service levels that support numbers outside the NANP. Standard is pure network CNAM and restricted to carrier supplied values in NANP.

I hope this helps!

Telo - OpenCNAM Support
[email protected]
+1 (888) 315-TELO
+1 (678) 631-8356

I've implemented the OBi202 gateway per this article: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=25846.

am using Incredible PBX on Wazo and for the most part it's working fine - although it did take a bit of twiddling to interpret the trunk setup in Wazo from the examples given for FreePBX & VitalPBX.

The caller ID number is showing up in Wazo as 001NXXXXXXXXX though. i'm sure this is probably a problem with the trunk configuration but i can't seem to come up with a configuration that produces a CID value that looks like what is normally produced (+1NXXXXXXXXX). If i go to my opencnam portal and try and plug in the 001NXXXXXXXXX it isn't accepted, so thinking none of my CID lookups will work unless i get this figured out.

The way i configured the trunk in Wazo is:
General Tab:
Name and Auth user name as the AuthUserName in SPx in Obi in SIP Credentials
Password as AuthPassword in SPx in Obi
Connection Type: Friend
IP address type: Dynamic
Context: Incalls (I tried default, but that doesn't work)

Register Tab
Name and AuthName and password as above
Remote Server as IP address of Obi
Port is same port as Obi's SPx X_UserAgentPort value

Signalling Tab
DTMF to RFC2833
Monitoring to yes
Added G.711ulaw and opus codecs

Advanced Tab
Insecure: All
Port - same port as Obi's SPx X_UserAgentPort value
Trust Remote_Party-ID: Yes
Send Remote-Party-ID: Yes
Rewriting the From field-User: AuthUserName in SPx in Obi in SIP Credentials
amaflag: Default
Transport: UDP

Appreciate any thoughts on what to change or what else may be related to the CID # format

thanks

yajrendrag

Reaction score
Thanks for that explanation..

So, how are plus and value accessed? is the query different or is it something with my account that has to be set up to access those tiers? (i have my delivery settings set to plus already)

EDIT - ok, so this does appear to work with the non-E.164 address when delivery settings set accordingly - so it is working - although would still be better if i could figure out the right trunk settings so CID value got passed from OBi to Wazo as E.164 format..

thanks..

Last edited:

opencnam

OpenCNAM by Telo
Reaction score
If you have your account set to Plus, then you are good to go!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbradford
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.