QUESTION Toggle call recording in a conference

dhoppy

Reaction score
Running Incredible PBX 11.11.1 on Ubuntu 14 (Asterisk 11 and Freepbx 2.11).

I have a user that would like to toggle a recording using *1 when in a conference call (app_confbridge). Call recording works with all other calls. I think what is happening is that the conference app interprets the *1 as a command to mute, even if the menu is disabled. I tried changing the in-call record feature code toggle to something else (*whatever, #whatever) but that didn't help. I have been searching for about an hour, and don't see this discussed anywhere. I know there is the option to always record a call, but the client doesn't want this.
Has anyone else encountered this "feature"?

Thanks in advance.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
The menus are setup on confbridge_custom.conf.

I don't see a * code for recording by default; here's the page with all the options:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/ConfBridge

You might be able to something fancy where it exits the conference to execute the command to record it then comes back in? That's a little over my head. Try reading through what's on that page and see if it gets you any hints.

dhoppy

Reaction score
The menus are setup on confbridge_custom.conf.

I don't see a * code for recording by default; here's the page with all the options:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/ConfBridge

You might be able to something fancy where it exits the conference to execute the command to record it then comes back in? That's a little over my head. Try reading through what's on that page and see if it gets you any hints.

It's more than a bit over my head. Thanks for the info.

najeh

Reaction score
hello i have the same thing i need code to put in confbridge-custom.com to record thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.