RSS FEED Creating an OBi200 Google Voice Trunk to Use with Asterisk

nerdvittles

Reaction score
Since Asterisk® will no longer be able to "talk" to Google Voice after June 17, we promised to hold our nose and document how to salvage your Google Voice trunks. Our exercise for today is to show you how to deploy an OBi 200-series device which can speak the new Google Voice language and use it as a traditional SIP bridge between Google Voice’s proprietary SIP platform and your Asterisk server. We will skip the editorializing on why Google is… Read More ›

Continue reading...

BigWaveDave

Reaction score
I'd love some wisdom about how to resolve the problem I've run into with this setup! I've tried this setup at least 5 times from scratch, but it isn't fully working for me. I've been able to get as far as being able to call out and in, but as soon as the call is picked up the obi200 reports a " Signal 11 (LR:63bfcaeb PC:e99fc) !!!" and the device reboots. (the references after LR and PC do vary each time). The Signal 11 error is seen in the syslog entries coming from the obi200.

Things I've tried...
  • Full factory reset with pinhole on the bottom, after deleting from ObiTalk interface. Re-adding from scratch
  • Ensured it is running the latest firmware : 3.2.2 (Build: 5859EX)
  • Quadruple check the settings.
  • Opened a ticket with Obihai, but haven't heard anything after 1 business day... not sure their typical turnaround. I'm still hopeful to hear something there, but figured more eyes on this is better!
  • Checked google.com/voice legacy settings showed the Obitalk connection, and it was checked.
  • Verified the Incredible PBX is showing the SIP trunk as registered before the call is being made.
The fact it is able to get as far as ringing in either direction seems like I must be close. It just can't handle the call being answered.

What else should I check or try? Do I just have a faulty device? It seems like it is kernel crashing, but I fully realize that might be configuration caused, albeit I would expect a more graceful method of dealing with that.

BigWaveDave

Reaction score
Additional note... if I only use the GV line on the obi200, it works fine in either direction. It is only the trunk'd calls that cause this behavior.

restamp

Reaction score
Signal 11 is SIGSEGV -- an invalid memory reference. It more than likely is due to a bug in the 5859EX firmware, but it could be due to a defective OBi200. You might also try the alternative set-up I published over on dslreports:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31954649-

(In addition to
Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > SIP > ProxyServer 127.0.0.1
add
Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > SIP > X_SpoofCallerID (check)
to the instructions in the above. That will ensure the incoming CID gets passed thru to your server.)

The above worked for me. Hope it helps.

plantucha

Reaction score
I'd love some wisdom about how to resolve the problem I've run into with this setup! I've tried this setup at least 5 times from scratch, but it isn't fully working for me. I've been able to get as far as being able to call out and in, but as soon as the call is picked up the obi200 reports a " Signal 11 (LR:63bfcaeb PC:e99fc) !!!" and the device reboots. .

same problem here. I don't think is a faulty unit.

BigWaveDave

Reaction score
Signal 11 is SIGSEGV -- an invalid memory reference. It more than likely is due to a bug in the 5859EX firmware, but it could be due to a defective OBi200. You might also try the alternative set-up I published over on dslreports:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31954649-

(In addition to
Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > SIP > ProxyServer 127.0.0.1
add
Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > SIP > X_SpoofCallerID (check)
to the instructions in the above. That will ensure the incoming CID gets passed thru to your server.)

The above worked for me. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the tip! Your method seems surprisingly more simple than the original post I was using! I haven't tried it yet, but plan to soon.

JWTEXAS

Reaction score
I'd appreciate anyone's advice on an issue I'm having. I've followed the instructions from the article "Creating an OBi200 Google Voice Trunk to Use with Asterisk" and I have no audio either way. The trunk is showing online in IncrediblePBX GUI and calls do seem to ring both ways, inbound/outbound using my cell phone, but there is just no audio and then after 30 seconds asterisk drops the call with this error:
[2018-05-28 15:50:19] NOTICE[29313]: chan_sip.c:29574 check_rtp_timeout: Disconnecting call 'SIP/obi200-00000018' for lack of RTP activity in 31 seconds.

I'm running Incredible PBX 13.0.192.19 on a raspberry pi, use an Obi200 with firmware 3.2.2 (Build: 5859EX). The obi200 and incrediblepbx are on the same network, same switch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.