QUESTION Google Voice Call Handling

bigjess007

Reaction score
I am having some problems with google voice and call handling. This is on an incredible PBX 13-13 Lean install on CentOS 6.9 in virtualbox. Authentication is OAUTH.

In the google voice settings I have it set to ring one phone and the chat. On the iPBX side I have the google account added in the GV (Motif) and have added an inbound route.

When a call comes in to my GV number, I want GV to ring the number and chat (to the PBX), and if neither answers then I want the PBX to seize the line before google voice sends it to google voice voicemail, and have the PBX continue to simulate ringing, and let it ring until the caller hangs up.

Initially I set up the inbound route and upon calling the GV number, it would ring the number I specified in GV one time and then the PBX was seizing the call. It did simulate ringing like I wanted until the caller hung up avoiding GV voicemail. But it wasn't letting GV ring the other number 4 times before it seized the line. I tried changing the "Pause before answer" setting in the inbound route to no avail.

Upon researching and playing around with settings I found the "Send Unanswered to Google Voicemail" setting. I turned this on and voila, it rang both the number specified in GV and the ring group I have in the PBX. I can answer either place and it works fine. Problem is now though I can't figure out how to get the PBX to seize the line after 4 rings avoiding the GV voicemail and continue ringing until the caller hangs up.

Upon researching I believe I could do follow me or some other setting to have the PBX seize the call immediately and then ring out the other number I have specified to ring in GV. However I do not want to do this, this would be more time for the call ringing around. I'm sure I can get the PBX to grab the call from GV like I want after 4 rings and then let it ring until the caller hangs up, I just don't know how.

So to recap, I want the call from GV to ring both the number specified in GV and the PBX (via chat). In the PBX the call will come in via the route to the ring group, ring the ring group 4 times, and then I want the PBX to seize the line after 4 rings before GV sends it to GV voicemail. And at this point I also want to redirect the call to a specific extension (one that is in the ring group) to ring until the caller hangs up.

Can someone help me out? Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.