TIPS Viva WAZO: A New Beginning

lrosenman

Guru
Reaction score
what repo do we need to point xivo-dist to if we've got the RC running to get to the release bits?

Glenn Hanlin

Reaction score

Did a fresh Wazo install on my OVH VM.....was following the setup guide and was fine until I tried to create a new user/extension....got the following error string.... :(

• DELETE /lines/3 - Resource Not Found - Line was not found ('id': 3)
  • GET /lines/3/extensions - Resource Not Found - Line was not found ('id': 3)
  • GET /lines/3/users - Resource Not Found - Line was not found ('id': 3)
  • Resource Not Found - User was not found ('id': 3)
  • Error occured on url http://127.0.0.1:9487/1.1/users/3/funckeys
  • Unexpected error: (ProgrammingError) relation "conference" does not exist LINE 2: FROM conference ^ 'SELECT conference.id AS conference_id, conference.name AS conference_name, conference.preprocess_subroutine AS conference_preprocess_subroutine, conference.max_users AS conference_max_users, conference.record AS conference_record, conference.pin AS conference_pin, conference.quiet_join_leave AS conference_quiet_join_leave, conference.announce_join_leave AS conference_announce_join_leave, conference.announce_user_count AS conference_announce_user_count, conference.announce_only_user AS conference_announce_only_user, conference.music_on_hold AS conference_music_on_hold, conference.admin_pin AS conference_admin_pin \nFROM conference \nWHERE %(param_1)s = %(type_1)s AND %(param_2)s = CAST(conference.id AS VARCHAR)' {'type_1': 'conference', 'param_1': 'user', 'param_2': '0'}

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Did a fresh Wazo install on my OVH VM.....was following the setup guide and was fine until I tried to create a new user/extension....got the following error string.... :(

Hi. Thanks for the heads up. There was a snapshot image mismatch in one of the interim builds. All should be well now, but you'll need to start over. Our apologies.

mrsmith

Reaction score
First of all, I thank all users for helpful comments.
But I have a question concerning xivo and vpn compatibility. Does anyone connect to xivo through vpn and what results have been achieved?

piaftnt

Reaction score
First of all, I thank all users for helpful comments.
But I have a question concerning xivo and vpn compatibility. Does anyone connect to xivo through vpn and what results have been achieved?

I am testing it with openvpn and so far so good.
To be clear the only reason I chose openvpn is because I already have my other offices connected via openvpn, so the having Wazo in the cloud is just another endpoint.

HTH

Regards,

Tom

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Show Extensions, Lines, and Trunks on Your Wazo Server

Here's a little SQL query that will list all of your server's lines, trunks, extensions, and passwords:
Code:
export PGPASSWORD='proformatique'; psql -P pager=off -U asterisk -d asterisk -c "SELECT usersip.callerid as CallerID,(select name as line from linefeatures where linefeatures.protocolid=usersip.id),(select number as extension from linefeatures where linefeatures.protocolid=usersip.id),usersip.secret FROM usersip order by line asc"

Results will look something like this:
Code:
       callerid        |   line   | extension |     secret   

-----------------------+----------+-----------+-----------------

"Web RTC" <701>       | m1hqy5f3 | 701       | 132223

"Incredible PBX"<702> | w7z1v3q6 | 702       | 122275

8005551212            |          |           | FlowRoute_pwd

18005551212           |          |           | GVsimonics_pwd

Last edited:

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Finally got Wazo installed, on C@C, had to give 2gb RAM,

will see how stable C@C is

marcoi

Reaction score
I got Wazo installed and running with GV. I only have 1 extension that i connect with a voip app on my cell. I cant seem to get the inbound caller id to show up in the client. It seems to always pass through whatever i have defined under IPBX>General Settings>SIP Protocal>General under the field Caller ID. Currently I have wazo there. I tried to clear it but it wont save without a value in that field. That value seems to get passed to my client when a call comes in and is routed to me. Any ideas on how to get the caller id to work? I couldnt find much help online about that field and how it works, etc.

busyinny

Reaction score
In addition to the 2-step authentication DISA script included with Incredible PBX for XiVO
[/QUOTE]

Ward have encountered a minor issue in the instructions on the site for setting up DISA.

When I ssh using putty into my VM running 17.06 or 17.07, the following line does not work:

Code:
sed -i ':// BEGIN DISA:,:// END DISA:d' /etc/asterisk/extensions_extra.d/xivo-extrafeatures.conf

It does not seem to pick up the : as a delimiter. The first time you run this it does not matter as there is nothing in the file to replace, however in subsequent runs this line not working would mean several copies of the disa 'code' in the file. I found the following to work for me:

Code:
sed -i '\/\/ BEGIN DISA/,\/\/ END DISA/ d' /etc/asterisk/extensions_extra.d/xivo-extrafeatures.conf

Hopefully this helps someone.

Thank you once again for all your posts, work over the years. Have set up several test PBXs for home over the years, finally getting to the point where I have devoted enough time to get it to a point where I am hoping to use it regularly (and not just to test geekiness).

Henry Sanchez

Reaction score
@ou812 In /etc/asterisk/extensions_extra/ivr-1.conf file

find the section that begins with the commented out lines below and substitute the following.

Adjust the XXX to match the number of digits in your extensions. Save the file and reload the dialplan or restart Asterisk.

Code:
;exten => s,n,ExecIf($["${IVR_MSG}" != ""]?Background(${IVR_MSG}))
;exten => s,n,WaitExten(10,)
exten => s,n,Read(Digits,${IVR_MSG})
exten => s,n,Goto(${Digits},1)
exten => _XXX,1,Dial(Local/${Digits}@default)

Hi Ward, the code above works but it breaks the time out option. If the user does not dial a menu option or an extension, the message plays again after a few seconds and then again and again. Is there a way to fix that?

Thank you.

Henry Sanchez

Reaction score
Hi Ward, I have a working Wazo server installed using the guide for manual debian and wazo. Using a Proxmox VM. It is working very good so far.

I had some problems:

1. Incoming calls were reporting "Array Array Array" as the caller id name, I had to disable all the sources in superfecta and only keep astridex to fix it.

2. Fail2ban not working, in my case I'm running the server on a public ip and have to open sip to the world. Received many attacks in a few hours and fail2ban did not detect any, just my own ip.
To fix it, had to enable security in fail2ban log in logger.conf, enable asterisk-udp in fail2ban jail.conf and add these lines in asterisk.conf in filter.d
SECURITY.* SecurityEvent="FailedACL".*RemoteAddress=".+?/.+?/<HOST>/.+?".*
SECURITY.* SecurityEvent="InvalidAccountID".*RemoteAddress=".+?/.+?/<HOST>/.+?".*
SECURITY.* SecurityEvent="ChallengeResponseFailed".*RemoteAddress=".+?/.+?/<HOST>/.+?".*
SECURITY.* SecurityEvent="InvalidPassword".*RemoteAddress=".+?/.+?/<HOST>/.+?".*
With that changes, fail2ban bans every attack.

After I got fail2ban working I added geoip to debian for added security and restricted sip only to my country with this line in rules.v4

-A INPUT -p udp --dport 5060:5061 -m geoip --src-cc XX -j ACCEPT

XX should be changed for your country code.

3. Still having a minor issue with IVR, if I enable the option to direct dialing extensions, the time out does not work.

4. WebRTC: outgoing calls work very good. Incomming calls don't. When I call the webRTC extension the webrowser rings ok, but when I answer the call the calling phone never gets to know I answered in the web browser and keeps ringing, while the web browser shows as in call. After a few seconds the calling phone disconnects and the cli reports user-unreachable. Have not been able to fix this one. Not a firewall problem because I disabled firewall completly to test.

5. Wishlist: Please make a guide to set up queues, with dinamic agents.

Thank you, great work.

Henry

graybans

Reaction score
How do I call the directory in an ivr? I have used the template and tutorials, but not sure of the Goto language. The GUI doesn't allow for direct dial of extensions, which is why I need to use Ward's templates.

Also, when dialing an extension there is no ringing heard. is there a setting for that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.