SOLVED Inbound Vitelity DID trunk issue Incrediblepbx 13-12

lazergeek

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can assist me with this.

This is a new install Incrediblepbx 13-12 my inbound trunk is not working with my DID it just rings busy. Trunk is setup as chan_sip trunk . Outbound trunk works fine.

Here is an output of my cli

[2017-02-23 17:23:23] NOTICE[6132]: res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c:347 log_unidentified_request: Request from '"424xxxxxxx" <sip:[email protected]>' failed for '66.241.99.111:5060' (callid: [email protected]) - No matching endpoint found

Thank you
David

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
I suggest you use chan_sip not chan_pjsip until it actually works seemlessly in Asterisk

lazergeek

Reaction score
I suggest you use chan_sip not chan_pjsip until it actually works seemlessly in Asterisk
When creating the trunk I did use chan_sip, I actually deleted and did it again to confirm when I saw that message on the CLI

dicko

Reaction score
And the port you have your vitelity trunk on is ?

lazergeek

Reaction score
Do after messing with this all morning. disabling pjsip or changing ports didnt resolve I finally changed everything back to default pjsip was 5060 and sip-chan was 5061 (trunk was still sip-chan) and I updated my context for the trunk to be from-pstn instead of from-trunk and it started working. Vitelity support is scolding me for using that context but I cant figure out why from-trunk is not working on inbound.

dicko

Reaction score
Unless you got clever or something then in your extensions.conf you will have

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; from-trunk:
;
; Context is really just an aliax of from-pstn
;
[from-trunk]
include => from-pstn
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(yes it might actually say aliax but probably means alias , but it has been doing that since year dot :) )

That make Vitelity's scolding actually bullshit and your problem unlikely to be real, in effect [from-trunk] is just a complete inheritance of [from-pstn] , do you agree?

so I suggest you either have a deeper problem or you have been gerfinger-pokenering extensions.conf :)

dicko

Reaction score
All of which will tell you, NO it won't work like that, does anyone disagree ?

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
slightly off topic, but in case someone looks Vitelity having issues with DIDs, I encountered one where I was getting rejections SOMETIMES ... trace revealed that Vitelity would sometimes send the number with country code 1954..... and sometimes without 954....

lazergeek

Reaction score
Unless you got clever or something then in your extensions.conf you will have

; from-trunk:
;
; Context is really just an aliax of from-pstn
;
[from-trunk]
include => from-pstn

(yes it might actually say aliax but probably means alias , but it has been doing that since year dot :) )

That make Vitelity's scolding actually bullshit and your problem unlikely to be real, in effect [from-trunk] is just a complete inheritance of [from-pstn] , do you agree?

so I suggest you either have a deeper problem or you have been gerfinger-pokenering extensions.conf :)

Yes extensions.conf has not been changed manually and said exactly what you pasted, I wasn't really concerned with Vitelitys disapproval as it was working at that point. It just seems odd that that from-trunk is not a working context. This was just barely setup last week no real customization just the basics to make it work.

lazergeek

Reaction score
Ok

Oddly enough I just changed the context back to from-trunk and its working now. I wonder if Vitelity support found something on there end and fixed but didnt update me about? Anyway everything, seems to be ok now Thanks for the assistance :)

dicko

Reaction score
Yes extensions.conf has not been changed manually and said exactly what you pasted, I wasn't really concerned with Vitelitys disapproval as it was working at that point. It just seems odd that that from-trunk is not a working context. This was just barely setup last week no real customization just the basics to make it work.

From the asterisk CLI you can

dialplan show from-trunk

then you will see it, so

dialplan show from-pstn

wil[ confirm the dialplan (The dialplan is the circulatory system of Asterisk) , Vitality cannot change anything, if from-trunk didn't work for you, you MUST have stumble fingered it, glad you got it working though.

If have any doubts on how it all works, I suggest a few hours with

http://asterisk-service.com/downloads/Asterisk- The Definitive Guide, 4th Edition.pdf

It's pretty well all in there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.