FOOD FOR THOUGHT 1 Trunk Limit is a no-go ; 8 sim calls OK

Ramblin

Guru
Reaction score
Is there any thought to changing the pricing model so that the 1 trunk limit is NOT used for the free version?

I use an old PBXiaf installation (2.0.6.2) that has been working flawlessly for a long time now.

It is a home installation but I use:
- 1 trunk / DID from Unlimitel for the home number
- 1 trunk / DID for my home business number
- 1 trunk / DID from the 416 area code for our friends to use as our personal line (we moved to KW from Toronto)
- 1 trunk / DID from the 416 area code to use as y home business number (we moved to KW from Toronto)

I saw in one of the other forum posts that you can have more than 1 DID but only 1 trunk. With my provider (Unlimitel), I get additional DIDs by adding additional trunks and routing the incoming calls appropriately.

There is only my wife and I so the 8 simultaneous calls is not an issue. The most I have ever had is 4 while using the conference calling capability.

I have eight IP phones (all Aastra 67x series) hard-wired and soft-phones on my laptop/pc/iPad.

This is what I would have thought was the perfect scenario for a home user to get the free version, but the 1-trunk limit is a show-stopper for me.

Any thought to relying on the 8 simultaneous calls as the restriction, not the number of trunks?

Reaction score
I have the same issue and the more I research, the more I think the free version isn't for me (and I'm not going to pay for a higher license). I currently use the older Raspberry Pi version and have multiple sip trunks set up. I have one main SIP trunk and three to redundant servers from my main provider (voip.ms), and the obligatory Google Voice trunk for toll free numbers and faxes (voip.ms doesn't handle faxes while GV does).

In addition, we use the parking lot constantly at our house to put people on hold and pick up in another room, which according to the chart is not available. We use intercom with our phones all the time as well. In fact, the more I look at the chart, the more the standard license seems to have the extra features we use daily at our house.

Setel

Reaction score
I have eight IP phones (all Aastra 67x series) hard-wired and soft-phones on my laptop/pc/iPad.
Would it be desirable to receive calls even when (supported) laptop is in standby?:cool:

Last edited:

Ramblin

Guru
Reaction score
Would it be desirable to receive calls even when (supported) laptop is in standby?

When I am not using the SoftPhone I exit the program. It does NOT auto load on boot so I make a conscious effort to use it when I want it.

TheMole

Guru
Reaction score
I have the same issue and the more I research, the more I think the free version isn't for me (and I'm not going to pay for a higher license). I currently use the older Raspberry Pi version and have multiple sip trunks set up. I have one main SIP trunk and three to redundant servers from my main provider (voip.ms), and the obligatory Google Voice trunk for toll free numbers and faxes (voip.ms doesn't handle faxes while GV does).

In addition, we use the parking lot constantly at our house to put people on hold and pick up in another room, which according to the chart is not available. We use intercom with our phones all the time as well. In fact, the more I look at the chart, the more the standard license seems to have the extra features we use daily at our house.

I would agree completely with this post.

We use an asterisk pbx at home. we frequently use parking lots and intra- and inter-house paging. we have 1 extension over a vpn that is used for a grandparent to check in on. we have several automated pages in the house to report things like: someone at the front door, a car in the driveway (that is blind to the rest of the house).

the 3CX package will just not work with for us.

I think I'm going back to a pure asterisk/freepbx build and will hope for the best.

good luck to all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.