TIPS VoiceMail to MP3 Transcription

Reaction score
Can others propose a solution?

Using http://pbxinaflash.com/community/in...-email-with-mp3-attachments.11774/#post-79773 until Google's changes requiring an API key, this script allowed a 15 second transcription of the message on the email.

Ward has posted a fix for voice recognition at http://pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?threads/asterisk-speech-recognition.15033/ however this particular VM to mp3 module is still broken.

lgaetz has suggested a fix at http://pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?threads/asterisk-speech-recognition.15033/#post-98137 by updating a file and adding the API to this file however this has not worked.

I am not sure if the original dev is still around, but any help to get this module back up and running would be great thanks.

yajrendrag

Reaction score
i also had SSL issues mentioned in the other thread. I was able to manually download the speech-recog-cli.pl per lgaetz's suggestion from here. and was also able to manually download the speech-recog.agi per this post. i edited both scripts to add the API key ...

Then, I took a wav voicemail and saved it to /root on piaf system and then ran /usr/local/sbin/speech-recog-cli.pl and it failed - saying invalid or missing API key. I tried with no quotes, double quotes, & single quotes - nothing worked. no quotes was the worst:

Code:
Bareword "MY API KEY HERE" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /usr/local/sbin/speech-recog-cli.pl line 35.
Execution of /usr/local/sbin/speech-recog-cli.pl aborted due to compilation errors.

So then i removed the key from the script and passed it on the command line with -k API-key-value; both with and without quotes produced the error, "/usr/bin/flac failed to encode file at /usr/local/sbin/speech-recog-cli.pl line 196."

I then put the key directly into the sendmailmp3 script as a command line option where that script calls /usr/local/sbin/speech-recog-cli.pl

then my voice mails at least showed up with the error message "We were unable to transcribe this message. Please listen to it instead." And my Google API project does show attempts against my daily limit of 50...

so, (1) couldn't get speech-recog-cli to successfully include the API - i do feel i got past that by passing it on command line of sendmailmp3, however
(2) still can't seem to get the wav file to be transcribed...

Any ideas?
thx, Jay

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get voicemail transcription working? Even at 15 seconds this was a wonderful feature.

Andrew

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
google_rules.png

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
For those of you that have signed up for one or more RingPlus accounts, here's an easy way to get voicemail transcription working again. On the Asterisk side, set the destination for No Answer in your RingGroup settings to a custom extension that calls your RingPlus number. Depending upon whether you use the RingPlus number with an actual cellphone or just as an Asterisk trunk supplement, adjust the amount of ring time for incoming calls before VoiceMail answers in the Voicemail Settings. We actually have an account that we just use in conjunction with Asterisk so we set the Answer In time to 1.
Cf8T3SuVIAAYuxL.jpg

After x seconds as set above, calls forwarded to your RingPlus number will play the VoiceMail intro after which callers can leave a message. Within a minute or so, your new voicemail will be forwarded to your email address together with a transcription of the message.
Cf8S78YWEAAKpfv.jpg

The message and transcription also will be left in your RingPlus VoiceMail InBox. Works like a champ!
Cf8VHHcWcAAEjh_.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.