NO JOY Yealink T48G - Outbound not working, inbound really screwy

cmariotti

Reaction score
So, I am having a few issues with these units in two cases... manifesting themselves differently but hopefully it's the same problem.... I will just describe the one issue.

I had a lot of issues setting up OpenVPN to get this operational and after much screwing around, after a firmware update it started working as expected.

"V" displayed... I can ping it from the server, etc...

I configured the extensions and I can't get it to dial out... flashing extension on the phone. After a while I decided to try using another extension to see if that was the cause... same problem...

I decided to try to call that extensions and behold, it rang and works...
I try to outbound call, no go...

I change back to the original extension and I get the same thing... inbound okay, nothing outbound.

But I see in the syslog, entries with both extensions... as though it thinks it's both extension (or the server thinks this is the case).

I factory reset the phone... upload the OpenVPN config, reboot the phone...

No accounts setup... but I can call it's extension, answer it and works perfectly...

Event without anything programmed on the phone it was accepting calls.

I suspect that maybe it's confused on the server side, is there a way to clear this extension 'cache' on the server?

Chuck

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.