PIONEERS Yealink T46G phone

nicknomo

Happy-IT-Guy
Reaction score
I'm not seeing the search this thread tool... so forgive me if this was already asked. The park.php script works perfectly for our systems, except for one major flaw (for us at least). It displays all parked calls. We use ParkingPro from Schmooze and certain phones can only park or retrieve calls from a give parking lot. In looking at the code in this script, I can say that I for sure do not know how to easily change the script to retrieve parked calls in the context (created via the ParkingPro module from Schmooze) that that extension only has express permission to use.

I would be glad to give any information on the context or conf files you may need, but unfortunately it is for sure displaying parked calls. Just all parked calls across all parking lots - we have 5.

I have been working on a YealinkV70 (firmware v70, v71, v72) provisioner package for Yealink T2x, T3x, T4x, VP530 devices and have almost everything working. I will have this package ready to go and updated at github for Andrew Nagy to hopefully approve and pull into the main code as another brand package (Yealink V70). My only hold up here is I really wanted to have a visual parking functionality that is compatible with ParkingPro to show parked calls for an extension's given default parking lot. If this isn't easily doable in the next few days I will just not include this functionality and merge it in later at github.

UPDATE: I found that the separate parkinglot names appear in AMI when typing Action: parkedcalls. I then also found under extensions_additional.conf that there is a new context for each extension, referring to which lot to park calls. There may be a way to create an entry in the provisioner to create a PHP script for each extension called park_$mac.php, query that extension's parkinglot assigned and only show the information relevant to that specific parking lot. But the AMI commands / PHP scripting goes beyond my abilities. I can help with the provisioner side, but need some assistance to be able to provision something like this to be compatible with the Parking Pro module.

-Jon

Well, the dirty way would be to hardcode it into the park script. Make it so that the park.php script only lists the calls for that parking lot, then make as many variants of the park script as there are parking lots. If you have two parking lots (e.g. 71-79 and 701-705), then you'd need two park scripts (one for each parking lot), and you'd have to assign them to the correct phones.

That is the best I can come up with that wouldn't take a lot of effort..

nicknomo

Happy-IT-Guy
Reaction score
Hey, I think I did what I described in my previous post. Just a couple things:

1) Change your password if you don't use the default "amp111". If you use elastix, its probably the root/admin password.
2) There is a variable called $ParkinglotName . Edit it to force the parkinglot you want to display. It is set to the default lot. If you don't know your parking lot's context name, you can find them in features__general_additional.conf.

There are some caveats here... This will only show one parking lot, and that is the parking lot you specify in step #2. You cannot give someone access to multiple lots, without hardcoding more entries. Obviously, this separation has to be done manually, and you have to assign each phone to the specific park list script that applies to it.

This could potentially be automated, but I can't yet think of a way for the script to know which extension is calling it.

Attachments

• contextawareparking.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 18

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for button layout on t46 of those that have deployed in small business environment? Thanks in advance. Looking to transition from Aastra.

Huckda

Guru
Reaction score
ummm what all features do they use? I have mine setup thus:

VM Coworker1
ClientA Coworker2
ClientB Coworker3
ClientC Coworker4
Home Wards Apps
History Directory DND MENU

Brian Simmons

Reaction score
Yeah, this is a highly "personal" thing. What I mean is that what works for one person/company may be the worse choice for another.....

We left the bottom 4 buttons along (the ones that change based on the phones current status). We programmed the main 10 soft buttons to fit our needs. Basically a mix of incoming/outgoing lines, key extensions (admin assistant, etc), a "Park" and "Pick up a Parked Call" (which uses the XML code found in this thread) button, as well as a few commonly called numbers on the first screen. Then we used the next two screens for other extensions (we have a small office and I ended up putting all the extensions on the phone) as well as other important speed dials (usually venders that our company uses).

Huckda

Guru
Reaction score
from a UI stand point... the 6 corners are the fast buttons... Left Top/Bottom, Right Top/Bottom, BottomRow Left/Right

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
Yeah, this is a highly "personal" thing. What I mean is that what works for one person/company may be the worse choice for another.....

We left the bottom 4 buttons along (the ones that change based on the phones current status). We programmed the main 10 soft buttons to fit our needs. Basically a mix of incoming/outgoing lines, key extensions (admin assistant, etc), a "Park" and "Pick up a Parked Call" (which uses the XML code found in this thread) button, as well as a few commonly called numbers on the first screen. Then we used the next two screens for other extensions (we have a small office and I ended up putting all the extensions on the phone) as well as other important speed dials (usually venders that our company uses).
The parking lot xml is working well? Your setup seems good, any chance you could take a quick pic of the display? Thanks!

Brian Simmons

Reaction score
The parking lot xml is working well? Your setup seems good, any chance you could take a quick pic of the display? Thanks!

The code works fine. It's definitely a nice feature, although our small office doesn't use it that often. It's more common to simply transfer the number vs. parking it.

I'll take an image of the screen and post it.

Brian Simmons

Reaction score
Here is an image of my first screen. Nothing too exciting, but since you asked for it......
Note - there are reflections from the lights on the image that are not part of the actual screen. Also, I use the optional extended display lines because the normal lines are too short to display everything I wanted. It would be nice to see the company logo with the shorter lines, but functionality trumps visual design.....

IMG_20140606_121750_zpsa4d6ef25.jpg

bazzacad

Reaction score
Hi, I've ordered some more of the T46G's, and it looks like I'm going to deploy a healthy number of them, but I've been hitting a wall trying to integrate some asterisk features into this phone's buttons.

I'm looking to make a direct transfer to VM button to use in conjunction with BLF keys. For instance, our operator would just hit the corresponding DSS key, than a BLF button on the operator panel (ext40 addon) and it would transfer directly to the voicemail of that extension. I know the operator could manually hit ##*<extension>, but I'm trying to prevent users from having to memorize feature codes and even extension numbers when possible (especially for an operator with 80 extension BLFs).

I've racked my brain on this for a few hours, and I'm looking for some fresh perspective. It looks like the phone doesn't have a basic way of implementing such a simple feature, but I'm hoping someone has some sort of workaround..

Sorry I know this is a few months old, but regarding the above post, did you ever find a solutions to the BLF direct to VM problem?
I'd like to do the same thing.

nicknomo

Happy-IT-Guy
Reaction score
Sorry I know this is a few months old, but regarding the above post, did you ever find a solutions to the BLF direct to VM problem?
I'd like to do the same thing.

They said they will have this feature in v73 firmware... It will be a few months from what I hear..

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
We recently created a Visual Parking XML Script for the Yealink T46G.

BSWOU5xCMAAE2X3.jpg

This script is offered on a AS-IS basis without warranties or conditions of any kind.

It currently shows the caller id name and number along with how long each call has been parked.

The displayed parked calls data can be fully customized by simply modifying the PHP code accordingly.

This script also gives you the ability to select a call and pick it up.

It uses the Asterisk API to query asterisk and to show all parked calls.

You will need to create a API Manager name and Secret in FreePBX and set your permits and denys accordingly.

This script has been tested and works on both PBX In a Flash and the FreePBX Distro.

There are a few minor flaws with this script that still need to be corrected:

1. No error checking - When there is no parked calls the script will display NO ADDITIONAL PARKED CALLS , after listing all the parked calls this will also display (as shown)

2. Your CALLER ID Name or Caller ID Prefix CANNOT contain a colon or semicolon (otherwise parts of your caller ID will not display)

Instructions:
unzip park.zip

modify the API_USER and API_PASS variables in park.php to match that of a API user on your system

upload the park.php file in your /var/www/html/yealink directory

modify piaf.php and add the following menu item

echo '<MenuItem>'."\n";
echo '<Prompt>List Parked Calls</Prompt>'."\n";
echo "<URI>http://$internip/yealink/park.php</URI>"."\n";
echo '</MenuItem>'."\n";

you can also point one of your softkeys on your T46G directly to the Park script and have direct one button access (ie. a button labeled Park List)
Wondering how you get the seconds to display on the parked call like in the picture above. It says "74 sec". Whenever I park a call it just says "sec" there is no number before actually indicating the seconds it has been parked. Can anyone advise? Thanks!

nicknomo

Happy-IT-Guy
Reaction score
Wondering how you get the seconds to display on the parked call like in the picture above. It says "74 sec". Whenever I park a call it just says "sec" there is no number before actually indicating the seconds it has been parked. Can anyone advise? Thanks!

Did you edit the park.php script at all? This is read directly from the AMI action: parkedcalls . What version of asterisk are you using? It works in 11.7, which is what I am using.

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
Did you edit the park.php script at all? This is read directly from the AMI action: parkedcalls . What version of asterisk are you using? It works in 11.7, which is what I am using.
I didn't change anything in the file, just downloaded and unzipped the park.php. placed it in the yealink folder and everything works, just doesn't say the amount of time in seconds the call has been in park.

Attachments

• park.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 17

nicknomo

Happy-IT-Guy
Reaction score
I didn't change anything in the file, just downloaded and unzipped the park.php. placed it in the yealink folder and everything works, just doesn't say the amount of time in seconds the call has been in park.

That is very strange. Do you know what version of asterisk you are using? Its possible that the format of the output has changed slightly in a newer version..

nicknomo

Happy-IT-Guy
Reaction score
Just a note for anyone with these phones, Yealink has released a test firmware that seems to fix the voice quality. High frequency tones were being under represented and low frequency tones were being over represented. It sort of led to a muffled sort of sound, especially for people on the other end with deep voices.

The test/beta firmware is here:
http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1779&page=2

I'd imagine its probably not prudent to roll it out for all of the users just yet, but if anyone wants to test it, give it a shot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.