QUESTION Yealink T22P dropped calls

thejackal

Reaction score
Hi all,

I ordered 3 yealink's T22P phones and I am having trouble with them.

Background:
Server: Incrediblepbx 3.7
Softphone: (Yate) worked perfectly.
Trunks: Google Voice, Obivoice
Configured using endpoint manager in freepbx. (after running t*f*t*p-enable script)

Symptoms:
1. Internal calls to-fro T22Ps aren't working. No audio on both sides.
2. External calls to T22Ps are working one way. No audio from T22P to external.
3. External calls from T22P will drop after 5 seconds. (see log below)
Asterisk log
-- Executing [s@macro-dialout-trunk:30] Dial("SIP/101-0000000b", "Motif/xxxgmailcom/[email protected],300,r") in new stack
-- Called Motif/xxxgmailcom/[email protected]
-- Motif/[email protected]-636f is proceeding passing it to SIP/101-0000000b
-- Motif/[email protected]-636f answered SIP/101-0000000b
-- Executing [h@macro-dialout-trunk:1] Macro("SIP/101-0000000b", "hangupcall,") in new stack
-- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:1] GotoIf("SIP/101-0000000b", "1?theend") in new stack

Things done:
- Upgraded T22P firmware to latest 7.72.0.25

Can anyone give some idea or some logs that I should check? Thanks!

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
You have a firewall / router NAT problem. Where's your server relative to your phones?

thejackal

Reaction score
That's what I initially thought. So I disabled my firewall in the router to be sure. Still the same result though.

btw, the server is in the same lan as the phones.

Thanks.

thejackal

Reaction score
Hi atsak,
I disabled all firewall rules in server. It is still not connecting even between yealink's phone within the same LAN. There must be something simple or obvious that I must have missed in the configuration.

Can anyone point to some logs or ideas?

Thanks in advance. *out of ideas*

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Could your network switch have a problem with the ARP table? Or the network card on the server? I have seen something like this once when that happened - Dlink switch it was. Try rebooting that? Everything you're saying suggests your network layout is not somehow what you think it is.

thejackal

Reaction score
It's a trendnet gigabit switch. I rebooted just like you recommended. No joy.

The thing is: between the softphones, everything is fine. That rules out most of the network and firewalls issue. However, the T22P are dropping calls. I am suspecting its some simple settings in T22p that are causing this scenario. Anyone?

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
We'd need to have a look at the config settings. I have no idea what could be doing it and have never seen anything like it. Have deployed dozens of T22's and lots of different firmware versions.

thejackal

Reaction score
Hi @astak,

What config settings do you need?

By the way, while doing a packet trace, I discovered the phones are all registered to port 5062 although the freepbx extensions are defined as 5060. Could this be the problem? If so, how do I set the port at T22P to be 5060? The local port in the GUI is set at 5060 already. Why is the phones registering at 5062?

thejackal

Reaction score
Hi All,

The problem seemed to be resolved. I changed the Freepbx Asterisk SIP settings to the WAN IP of the office in the NAT and everything starts to work perfectly although I am still not sure why the phones are at port 5062.

@astak, ward Thanks for all the help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.