FOOD FOR THOUGHT XiVO PIAF vs PIAF

Brianmac

Reaction score
Been away for last few months on other pressing projects - I know this is a lifetime in this group - lol... I have been reading about XiVO. Besides its pure GPL licensing, and I also understand that its not "scripts" off of FreePBX. My question:

What are the benefits of using XiVO PIAF over "standard" PIAF? I'm just looking at a high level answer....

Thanks for your time!
Brian

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
Xivo uses Asterisk, like FreePBX. And that's about where the resemblance ends.

FreePBX is basically a GUI to generate config files for Asterisk. If you're not actively making changes, you can shut the webserver off and it's OK. It's using the files for its configuration.

Xivo is Asterisk realtime. The config is in the database. It has lots of programs that all run at the same time. Huge flexibility, but much more complicated in operation. And its developers are much closer to the spirit of open source.

stanjohn

Not quite right
Reaction score
Changes to the GUI take place in real time, no waiting till a good time to see the results. In many ways it is more intuitive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.