FOOD FOR THOUGHT XiVO is making me crazy

prattmd2

Reaction score
ok, I am really a techie, I have played with linux for almost 20 years
I have incredible pbx and have had asterisk running in my house for almost 10 years

I cannot get XiVO configured correctly for months and multiple tries

I have used the snapshot, and set up everything

I am able to make a successful outbound call with bidirectional audio with no issue

Calling inbound, i see it hit the command line, but it then throws a busy

Got SIP response 486 "Busy Here" from (and then shows the address of my voip.ms trunk)

I am seeing my trunk and extension registered correctly

i have ports open to 5060 and 10000-20000 pointing to my xivo box

I think this may have to do with the xivo contexts, and I really am not understanding what should be showing in

from-exter
to-extern

I am not sure what should be in the "include subcontexts"

I am wondering if this is causing no destination to be found?

Any ideas

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Did you start with the latest Incredible PBX for XiVO installer?

prattmd2

Reaction score
yes.

further info: I registered a softphone, and all works correctly, including routing
so....maybe it is the phone setting?

I am using a yealink t48g and it works fine same settings in incredible iso

Any other thoughts?

prattmd2

Reaction score
here is the error it gives, despite this extension being there

WARNING[20755][C-00000040]: app_dial.c:2432 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type 'SIP' (cause 20 - Subscriber absent)

[Oct 25 17:01:34] == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)

Reaction score
I
yes.

further info: I registered a softphone, and all works correctly, including routing
so....maybe it is the phone setting?

I am using a yealink t48g and it works fine same settings in incredible iso

Any other thoughts?
did this a few weeks ago but I just checked a t46g which I had a hard time registering because I found the yealink Display Name, Register Name and User Name to be confusing in relation to Xivo. Ultimately Display name could be what ever but Register Name and User Name seemed to need to be the same. I think I plugged in the Xivo generated name into both fields.

Sylvain Boily

Reaction score
The best way is using the provisioning services on xivo. If it possible the best is plug the phone, add your user, and use the provisioning code. It's done.

Reaction score
The best way is using the provisioning services on xivo. If it possible the best is plug the phone, add your user, and use the provisioning code. It's done.
I'll have to revisit the auto provisioning. Maybe we need a quick tutorial on the process. I think I was doing things out of sequence when I tried it. It was unclear to me how much of the provisioning was going to be done by Xivo so I configured the phone manually which left me feeling like I was fighting with Xivo.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
I'll have to revisit the auto provisioning. Maybe we need a quick tutorial on the process. I think I was doing things out of sequence when I tried it. It was unclear to me how much of the provisioning was going to be done by Xivo so I configured the phone manually which left me feeling like I was fighting with Xivo.

I have used the provisioning and it is VERY slick you should defiantly give it a try. you can dial a code on the phone to unprovision and the next person can dial a new code to provision kinda like hot desking.

Gary.

prattmd2

Reaction score
ok, so i have my home router as the dhcp server
it gave my xivo box an address in the lan

however, in network interfaces in xivo, all i see is eth0 assigned to 127.0.0.1, i do not see the ip assigned in ifconfig

i assume in order to set up these auto provisions, you have to have xivo itself being a dhcp server?

given all this, what is the best way to to set up auto provisioning?

would i need a vlan?

any suggestions welcome

prattmd2

Reaction score
i tried making the xivo box static on the ip on the lan

i created a vlan, turned on xivo dhcp

when i rebooted the phone, it still got an address from the main lan

how do i make it listen on the vlan

Reaction score
I have used the provisioning and it is VERY slick you should defiantly give it a try. you can dial a code on the phone to unprovision and the next person can dial a new code to provision kinda like hot desking.

Gary.
It seemed to work once for me and then I couldn't get it to work again.

ErikU

Guru
Reaction score
Here is a documentation error I found the other day that may help you:

On another note, I believe I found an error in your XiVO trunk setup guide for Voip.ms that had me REALLY scratching my head for a while: The Nerdvittles guide shows SIP>Trunk>Edit>Context should be set to Default. This caused incoming calls to be turned around and sent right back out the outcall context causing an error.

The Xivo docs show that the trunk context must be set to an incoming call context:http://documentation.xivo.io/en/stable/administration/interconnections/xivo_with_voip_provider.html

Hope this helps someone else that can't make incoming calls work!​

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score

On another note, I believe I found an error in your XiVO trunk setup guide for Voip.ms that had me REALLY scratching my head for a while: The Nerdvittles guide shows SIP>Trunk>Edit>Context should be set to Default. This caused incoming calls to be turned around and sent right back out the outcall context causing an error.

Thanks, @ErikU. I've fixed the Nerd Vittles documentation and the image snapshot for the installer. @Sylvain Boily: This is an unusual setup where the context setting for a Trunk takes precedence over the context setting for an Incoming DID Route. Logic would suggest it should be the other way around, i.e. when you can't find a defined context for the incoming call, then fall back to the default context setting for the trunk. However, that does not appear to be the case with XiVO. This design renders the context setting for a DID Incoming Route superfluous since it always gets overridden by the trunk's context setting.

Last edited:
Reaction score

The Xivo docs show that the trunk context must be set to an incoming call context:http://documentation.xivo.io/en/stable/administration/interconnections/xivo_with_voip_provider.html

Hope this helps someone else that can't make incoming calls work!​
I noticed that problem too.. Thought it was something I did.

prattmd2

Reaction score
ok, thanks directly to Sylvain, he did a webmeeting with me and finally figured out the crazy yealink t48. It finally pulled a configuration file and ALL IS WORKING!

Thanks so much!

prattmd2

Reaction score
question:
1. how do I change the fax and voice mail notifications from French to English?

2. I cannot get the xivo client to connect to the cti server. Any special tricks?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.