SOLVED Xivo Installer & Xivo Upgrade not working & other issues...

yajrendrag

Reaction score
I should start by saying, that i do have a 16.08 system up and running, but because of several other issues (see below), i've gone back to re-install from scratch. I've tried this numerous times and the installer fails every time. I am using the newest tutorial (i think) from here: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=18734 (which seems same as latest instructions in the Developers forum thread). Specifically, once the base xivo ISO is installed, I wget http://incrediblepbx.com/IncrediblePBX13-XiVO.sh, make it executable and run it.

The install fails with these messages:
Code:
Configuring XiVO. Please wait...
Login to web interface as root with web password.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./wizard.py", line 12, in <module>
    if c.wizard.get()['configured'] != True:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xivo_confd_client/commands/wizard.py", line 33, in get
    response = self.session.get(url)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xivo_confd_client/session.py", line 57, in get
    response = self.session.get(url, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 469, in get
    return self.request('GET', url, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 457, in request
    resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 569, in send
    r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 407, in send
    raise ConnectionError(err, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: ('Connection aborted.', error(111, 'Connection refused'))

This is on virtualbox 5.0.26 and i've tried on both mac and linux hosts. Note that i am able to install incrediblepbx successfully if i use xivo-16.08-amd64.iso as the base xivo install, but i get the above result if I use any anything newer as the base xivo install - ie, not xivo-16.09-amd64.iso and not xivo-latest-amd64.iso.

I only went back to try this again (as i have the 16.08 system up and running) but i am having some other issues that i can't resolve:
-i tried using xivo-upgrade - it won't upgrade - i followed the steps (stopping iptables and running xivo-upgrade, but it identifies the current system as 16.08 and it identifies the target upgrade as 16.08 - it can't determine there's a newer version to upgrade to.
-also, in the Developers forum thread there are instructions to correct sound to US sounds - the sound correction takes, but i get 1 normal US ring tone when dialing my number and then it reverts to the french version.

So, I did a fresh 16.08 install and then did a xivo-upgrade that works fine on the new system to take it to 16.10... i want to be able to get the US sound fix and english language in the xivo client presence - the fixes shown in the developers forum thread (http://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/viva-xivo-building-incredible-pbx.19238/page-16) won't work on my existing 16.08 system and i would prefer not starting over...

any insights would be appreciated.

thanks!

Last edited:

yajrendrag

Reaction score
i fixed my issue of being unable to upgrade to 16.10 and not wanting to start over, but unsure of what were the issues with the original 16.08 system. Moreover, i still cannot make the incrediblebpx installer work with a xivo iso newer than 16.08.

that said, the xivo backup and restore functions were a complete breeze and solved the other issues. I simply took the backup files from the operating, configured 16.08 system and restored to a fresh 16.08 install. took all of about 5 minutes. new system is now working and it upgraded to 16.10 fine except the upgrade procedure does flag some config file differences in 2 files:

Code:
WARNING: The following configuration files were overwritten during the upgrade:

/etc/asterisk/modules.conf
/etc/asterisk/res_odbc.conf

To finish the upgrade, you must merge the new version with the old
one. For example:

vimdiff FILENAME FILENAME.dpkg-old

Once this is done, remove the old files and run "xivo-service restart".

but what logic should be used to merge them - there are a few new lines in each (which i presume need to be there) and some of the 16.08 and 16.10 lines are commented in 1 and not in the other - what is the rationale to merge them?.

that issue aside, system is up and running and the new system sound is working correctly in English as well as the xivo client presence menu is correctly shown in English.

i have some other issues with e911 that i'll open a new thread for.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baata
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.